Montesa Cota 200

ma77

the frame colour (don't shoot me) is hammerite smooth red (spray can). It is very forgiving to bad surface prepariation and when dry is very glossy, smooth and hard wearing (it does take ages to dry though)

the shocks i had to compress in a hydraulic press to remove the spring retainer and spring then the lower portion of the body unscrews.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update but sorry no pics

I got the engine back together yesterday and it seams to have good crankcase and cylinder compression and i could get a good spark when i wired in the coil up to the stator so it should run.

the forks are back in the yolks so all to do now is shot blast and paint the wheels and get them back on and then it should just be all the little bits to do.

I have been looking at sprockets but dont know which sizes to go for... any one have any recomendations as i do want a half decent top speed (40mph comfortable would be nice but only if i dont lose slow speed ability)

• 2 years later...

Ma77 , i know it's a few years on but have you got any pictures of the bike? My 200 is in pieces at the moment waiting to be blasted and powder coated but i was a bit of a colour scheme going on rather than the old red.

And what do you mean 40MPH comfortable, i'm sure mine does around 80MPH, and i've got 11teeth on the front sprocket and 40 on the back.