Trials & Enduro News

city trials

Does anyone read print anymore? Shan recently added Enduro to the title of Trials Comp, and I think the paper looks stronger than ever. Now all the top Enduro fans now can see why the trials guys are so good. Plus us trials guys can read up on all the top Enduro guys.

Talk about a Win/Win for us dual sport riders. Well done, Shan. Well done.

Does anyone read print anymore? Shan recently added Enduro to the title of Trials Comp, and I think the paper looks stronger than ever. Now all the top Enduro fans now can see why the trials guys are so good. Plus us trials guys can read up on all the top Enduro guys.

It really is a perfect combination as the crossover skill set between Trials and Enduro riding is common. Many of our Trials club riders come from the Enduro group and a lot ride both sports. I've been involved in the Enduro machinery side for many years and have volunteered at several events. Watching Trials Pro's ride is pretty neat and I love it, but you also ought to see one of the top Enduro guys thread a bike between trees in a tight switchback trail. Their skill and talent is amazing.

Darrell has done a nice job on the website, you should check it out. Can't wait till the next T&E comes out!

Jon

This is a great publication! And, nice work Darrell on the website...looks like the Dec 2009 cover is up!

Since Shan, as a motojournalist, is always interviewing people, I thought it might be fun to put him on the other side of the fence. We did a little 10 questions session this weekend and I was able to get it on the site in between coughs...hope you get a kick out of it, too:

http://www.trialssource.com/2009/interview.../shanmoore.html

Mike

Edited by MikeID

This is a great publication! And, nice work Darrell on the website...looks like the Dec 2009 cover is up!

Since Shan, as a motojournalist, is always interviewing people, I thought it might be fun to put him on the other side of the fence. We did a little 10 questions session this weekend and I was able to get it on the site in between coughs...hope you get a kick out of it, too:

http://www.trialssource.com/2009/interview.../shanmoore.html

Mike

Good job, Mike!

Shan is one of the most respected, admired and well liked people in the Trials community, and with good reason. His affection for the sport and the people who participate in it is obvious to all who come in contact with him. As the Enduro community will soon find out, Shan is a real friend of the sport and the expansion of the paper to include them will really contribute to their experience. I for one really enjoy the Enduro coverage.

Jon

• 1 month later...

I have a subscription and I look forward to it every month. As a new trials guy I go straight to the Ryan Young training section. I wish I could go back to lesson 1 though, I didn't start my subscription until lesson #9 I think

Edited by Fred1956

Ditto's

I have a subscription and I look forward to it every month. As a new trials guy I go straight to the Ryan Young training section. I wish I could go back to lesson 1 though, I didn't start my subscription until lesson #9 I think

Ryan is a top notch teacher. It's a great paper except for the guy who writes the technical articles, I hear he's a pud.........

Jon

Fred1956 Posted Today, 02:36 PM

These may not be all the same ones as in Trials and Enduro news but may be helpful.

Trials Training Center Tutorials

I don't know about that Jon...He seems wise to me...

Jon,

On another note, & for you guys in the NE Okla/NW Ark area, I've been practicing my figure 8's and basic skills right in/around the shop area, so on Sunday I rewarded myself with a trip through the woods at Mary's, have you ever been out there? I know I'm just a newbie but she has a lot of creek bed/bank that would be great for play/practice or maybe even an event if a club was looking for a new site. I spent an hour and a half just playing on a 100 ft section of rock steps and dirt banks that wore me out. Nothing like Tish, but maybe a Scipio?? Surely with 375 acres to work with (+ the Houchens have land adjoining and 2 trials bikes in the family) we could come up with something. I have no knowledge or experience laying sections but I can string tape and trim limbs with direction.

Edited by Fred1956