2008 3.2 Sherco

davh

I am looking for a 2nd hand four stroke?? I've owned a mont before and

although the quality is obvious there expensive! I've been looking at sherco

3.2 they seem fairly resonable cost wise.

I am looking to see if anyone has any experience of them, what to look out for etc etc

most importantly are they reliable??

Is it worth spending the extra on a mont ??

Cheers in advance

What level rider are you? The later model 3.2's are very snappy & better suited to experts.

As far as reliablity goes the motor sounds to be pretty good, only real problems seemed to be hard starting on the earlier models. The rest of the bike apart from the frame is the same as the 2 strokes

I have an 09 3.2 and I love it! 3.2 offers endless bottom end power, it will climb anything. Tony 27 is correct; the power does come on quickly so you have to learn throttle control. Also you will have to learn how it likes to be started. The handling is the same as the 2.9. The top end is a bit noisy if not properly shimmed and float level is critical. I enjoyed my two strokes but I don

I have an 09 3.2 and I love it! 3.2 offers endless bottom end power, it will climb anything. Tony 27 is correct; the power does come on quickly so you have to learn throttle control. Also you will have to learn how it likes to be started. The handling is the same as the 2.9. The top end is a bit noisy if not properly shimmed and float level is critical. I enjoyed my two strokes but I don

In warm weather she takes 2 kicks for the 1st start of the day, then one kick there after. In cold weather about six. I always allow about 5 mins warm up before riding. On the negative side; the motor does tend to flood easier than a two stroke. If the motor has been stalled while pointing down hill, the bike must be turned so that it is level to restart. I have not been able to restart my bike while pointing down hill after a stall. Turning the bike off does not cause an issue for restarting in any condition.

I have been told that I can correct this issue with a float adjustment but just have not gotten around to trying it yet, it just doesn

hey,

i have been running a mont for 2 years and now on a sherco 3.2

build quality of the sherco is good, mine is a first kick starter ( i run an oko 24 mm carb now but it starts ok on the 28 mm keihin as wel)

if my bike doesn't start after a fall and it looks flooded i start it on full trothle, works all the time

i like the sherco a lot more than the mont, its a bit of a handfull for a novice/clubman but so is a raga, 2.9 sherco, ....

only thing i dont like on the bike is the rear shock

regards bob