Sherco Not Starting

sherco25016

hi my sherco 250 wont start i have been trying for about 3 hours and no joy

when i kick the bike the light is coming on and ths it, it hasnt been started for abut 2 an a half months

i can put it down to the cold weaher and that i just want to get it started if anyone can help that would help

that wuld begrat thanks

Edited by sherco25016

You have to show the bike who`s the boss. Make sure the petrol to the on position. After ten kicks, throw it to the ground in disgust. Jump up and down on it, yelling `piece of sh?t, piece of sh?t!!` Then pick it up and it will start with in two kicks. Works 99% of the time.

First post is the way I like to show the newbies. If your bike has sat for a while the easy way to get it started is to lay it on it`s side till you have fuel coming out the the over flow. This should prime the engine and start first or second kick. I this does not work you might need to clean the carb, pilot jet is probably plugged up.

I like to throw in some language for the spectators.

hi my sherco 250 wont start i have been trying for about 3 hours and no joy

when i kick the bike the light is coming on and ths it, it hasnt been started for abut 2 an a half months

i can put it down to the cold weaher and that i just want to get it started if anyone can help that would help

that wuld begrat thanks

Tell you what, send it to me and I'll get er runnin' for you :rolleyes:

I'd try the new plug, fresh gas, drain the float bowl, turn the gas on, and it'll come back to life. If not one of the jets are probably gunked up.

Edited by flynz4me