The Beta Clutch Fix

dan williams

Hi Copemech,

Might take longer then I thought measuring springs. Hit a pot hole Monday and truck is in shop with exploded front end. Lucky I was doing 25 and not 65. Looked under to see bottom A arm laying on ground.

Hehe! :chairfall:

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I completed the clutch mod and love the results, with one exception. I find there is a lot more clutch plate chatter. Have others who have done this mod found this to be true or did I miss something in the mod instructions?

• 1 month later...

Holy crap!

This mod really works! Let me say I didn't have so much believe in would fix my problem which actually is clutch slipping in 5th and 6th which is stated to be pretty "normal" for the Beta's (I have a rev3 270). The job was PITA and took me a couple of evenings, but it was all worth it. Clutch is both feelier and as I said, no more slipping. Thanks! I can't say I noticed any significant increase in the chatter either, but I am not so experienced. The bike vibrates and make so much chatter already so it can't get any worse I guess ;-)

I ride a 2008 4t would this mod benefit me, clutch sticks from cold but i have already removed 2 springs so it's nice and light ^_^

Tut,Tut..Mr. Crash,

Are you aware that the 4RT owners club has strict rules when it comes to tweaking your Montesa?

You are expected to throw a lot of wonga

• Like 1

From what was said earlier about the 4T clutch pull it's entirely possible it uses lighter clutch springs anyway.

Hmmm according to the engine manuals for the 08 2T and 4T same part number (13.5kg spring) EDIT I think this should be 13.5 N/mm]

Could be affected by fluid type or the adjustment bring a bit too tight or it could really just be slipping.

Edited by dan williams