Mixture Setting Beta 300 4stroke

spike123

Had my new evo 2010 300 4t for 8 weeks all was well until it started backfiringand silencer box which was rattling was replaced ,was advised to turn mixture screw half a turn anti clockwise ,and it appears like i,ve screwed it up litaerally as bike only now starts with choke on and as soon as you throttle it or put choke in it cuts out ...Whilst its difficult enough to adjust the mixture screw even with the recommended special beta tool unless you have fingers the size of a new born baby can anyone out there advise what is the correct number of turns out from full closed to have the bike running sweet again...many thanks B)

Edited by spike123

Spike there is no magic setting. My last 3 have been about 1 7/8 turns out. My suggestion to you would be to get a fuel screw like Jitsie sells that way you can reach it and see how much you have turned it. To do this it is easier to install by taking the carb off, might as well go thru and clean the carb while it is off. I think you will be happy after this. With the fuel screw accesable now you can make small changes till it is right. Have fun and enjoy!