New 'advanced'throttle

howard

Happy New year to you all, Has anyone tried the new throttles where the first bit is slow and then the action is middle or fast. It seems like a good idea but I would like some feedback please?

Steve

Actually this can be a good concept, yet all up to personal taste really. They look really nice!

I did my own based upon the ali tube domino some years back. The concept does work, sort of best of both worlds you know. Yet with the later year bike tuned less aggressively, I have not really needed it. B)

• 1 month later...

Gday, I have one on my evo (X-Block) . I like it, it has calmed down the early part of the throttle and still lets me get full throttle easily. Suits my lack of ability quite well. The quick throttle was too much for me.

Cheers,

Stork

Happy New year to you all, Has anyone tried the new throttles where the first bit is slow and then the action is middle or fast. It seems like a good idea but I would like some feedback please?

Steve

Howard, I just put a slow throttle on my bike, and it serves my ability well. Best way I can describe it is; it has a smaller diameter cable reel, thus requiring more of a twist to reach full throttle. It tamed my bike down considerably. I bought mine from RYPUSA.com, Ryan Young Products

i find the fast action to quick for general use in sections so i use a slow action. however i find the slow action realy throws my timing out when tackling steps :o is one of these things the answer or do i just persevere with the slow and adapt?

Gday, I have one on my evo (X-Block) . I like it, it has calmed down the early part of the throttle and still lets me get full throttle easily. Suits my lack of ability quite well. The quick throttle was too much for me.

Cheers,

Stork

hi stork what one do you have ? slow-mid, slow-fast or slow-mega fast? im gona get one. dont want to get two if you know what i mean. cheers

This is a bit vague I know but..I had a bike which I struggled to ride with a slow throttle (when you needed the 'zap' but had to cover the front brake )..then I changed to a quick throttle and it became too pokey all round ( I think it was a 2003 Sherco 290).

I seem to remember cutting a deeper 'start' to the groove in the fast throttle.

This is a bit vague I know but..I had a bike which I struggled to ride with a slow throttle (when you needed the 'zap' but had to cover the front brake )..then I changed to a quick throttle and it became too pokey all round ( I think it was a 2003 Sherco 290).

I seem to remember cutting a deeper 'start' to the groove in the fast throttle.

yep ham, thats more or less what the x-blok has done . a fast action with a the start machined out to match a slow action. simple and hopefully effective. find out at the weekend. :o

• 3 months later...