Rear Shock Removal

dang2407

Hi

I had the same trouble with sherco couldn't get it off was well solid, So i took the whole thing off and gentley heated it up with a set gas bottles and

it just cracked off easy. If you don't want to try that sink it in sum wd40 and see if it free's up. Hope you get it sorted.

we cut a allen key down so we could get a windy gun on the end as well as a spanner { spanner went on the bit between the windy gun and the bike frame } we also attached a 3ft pole over the end of the spanner to get more leverage this was as well as heating up the bolt with a gas bottle and it still wouldnt shift it twisted the allen key through 90 degrees so after speaking to lampkins its going to get drilled out in the next few weeks so hope you have more luck than me , think the morale of this story is to remove the bolt and re grease as part of the general maintenence to stop it seizing in the 1st place

The best corrosion remover I've used for bolts is liquid wrench. If you lay the bike over on the clutch lever side, you'll be able to spray the penetrant around and into the nut area from the back side. A couple of applications during the day and let it sit over night and it should come loose. :lol:

I'll probably catch a lot of air for this but penetrating oil,any type. doesn't work to loosen bolts and nuts. I use to sell them. What they do is make the removal easier once you've broken them loose. The problem here is galvanic corrosion. Aluminum against steel. Dissimilar metals,electrolysis. The only way to break this free is with heat. Heating the aluminum will work better than heating the bolt. The aluminum will expand away from the steel and break the bond. Then you can remove the bolt. Good luck.

07beta