2010 Sherco In Oklahoma

rlracer

Patric can go ahead and bash away , his new bike has been fully serviced ! I think the new bike will hold up well.

I've been looking at the photos on the Web and Ryan's video tour of the new bike. Very impressive, the engineers have made

some nice changes and are not afraid to try new things.

Some grousing has been made as to the new fuel tank as to durability and weight placement, but my guess is that it will be fine.

It centers the weight lower (gas weighs about 6.3 lbs per U.S. gallon) and I would think it will improve the handling to a certain

degree. I've heard some concern as to the fuel pump, but it appears to be the standard Mikuni diaphram type and they are

bulletproof and reliable, we use them in the shifter karts with no problems.

Any time a new design is offered, there will be detractors. We ran into this when the bikes first went to water-cooling and there was a lot of talk

about the weight, complexity and vulnerability but it was a positive change (well, maybe not the Yamaha YZ with the radiator behind the number plate....:thumbup:

My hat offs to the design engineers for the new Sherco! Can't wait to see one in person.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's everything the 09 was plus:

Better stopping power

More balanced

Lighter front end, which helps increase the bike maneuverability

Great motor

Easy to turn

Looks better in person than the photos show

Frame is narrower along the neck than I expected

Overall: 2 thumbs up!! :rolleyes:

M a y b e you'll get to ride one soon, Leanin !

A good friend will probably let me ride his, IF he ever gets it. :chairfall: You know I'm not very patient.

In the MX/enduro/sport bike world, by now, the forums would be full of reviews of the new model by owners, friends of owners, and friends of friends of owners of the new model. :thumbup: Half the reviews would say the new model was like magic and riding it was almost like cheating. 1/4 of the reviews would say it sucked and had lots of inherent design problems. The other 1/4 would give some real insight into the bike. OK, I may be exagerrating, its more likely less than 10% would have real insight. ;) Regardless, they're fun to read.

A good friend will probably let me ride his, IF he ever gets it. :thumbup: You know I'm not very patient.

In the MX/enduro/sport bike world, by now, the forums would be full of reviews of the new model by owners, friends of owners, and friends of friends of owners of the new model. ;) Half the reviews would say the new model was like magic and riding it was almost like cheating. 1/4 of the reviews would say it sucked and had lots of inherent design problems. The other 1/4 would give some real insight into the bike. OK, I may be exagerrating, its more likely less than 10% would have real insight. :D Regardless, they're fun to read.

Ok, I'll give you one then! Do you know the difference between a mule and a horse? Pick your ride! :chairfall: