2010 Sherco In Oklahoma

rlracer

Ok, I'll give you one then! Do you know the difference between a mule and a horse? Pick your ride! :chairfall:

Are you saying the '09 is the horse(prettier, faster, clumsier) and the '10 the mule(uglier, slower, lighter, smaller, more sure footed, smoother ride)?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying the '09 is the horse(prettier, faster, clumsier) and the '10 the mule(uglier, slower, lighter, smaller, more sure footed, smoother ride)?

No, more along the lines of , if you are on the Mont 4T, it is a good reliable mule, nothing wrong with that.

The Sherco 2.9 is like a quick pony by comparison, and the new one should be even better!

Yet for most, a good 250 will get you along just fine!

Edited by copemech

Rode mine today Ron, feels good, changed the front fender though, that sticker support they use now doesn't stop the mud getting thrown up on the motor and header pipe.

Great for turning corners without hopping, us old folk don't like wasteing energy if we don't have to.

Light front end, I need to get out on some big climbs see if it holds a line.

I like what they have done and it feels right, it will get some good testing next month or two.

Hey Mark we actually ride our bikes :rotfl:

I'm gonna remember that when you get Josh into college and are riding a XT 225 Serow to work, in a foot of snow, to save gas money, like me!

Do you have any old leaky bottles of Yamalube you don't want? I sold enough cans today to buy high octane gas for the Sherco! :rotfl:

Sounds good Ishy , haven't had a chance to ride it yet as I took everything off down to the frame with motor left in and starting to back together now. Copie are you going to that sooner cup thing at tish or TTC ? Bad timing ! I will have the 2010 at tish, for demo, how would you like to use the bike one of the days to compete on ? Quick take me up on the offer or I may change my mind !

I am at Ron's watching/helping him with the new bike. I am VERY impressed with the redesign of the bike. The engineers have completely changed everything on the frame. The swing arm and the forks/triple clamps look about the same as last years but everything else is new.

The frame is well thought out with nice welds and neat little castings where it attaches to the front of the motor. The location of the electrical components is very nicely done. The wiring is much simpler, the radiator cap is right out in the open. The air filter is very easy to access and should not fill up with water. The fuel tank and muffler are nicely done. It may take a little time to figure out how to fill the fuel tank.

All in all it looks really good, the proof of the pudding will be in the riding, Ron will let us know.

Wayne

I'd rather be at ttc also but taking the 2010 to tish for demo. Don't know the thought or lack of, scheduling the same weekend as ttc. Ask to ride Ryans bike, I think you will find it interesting. Ishy I see what you were talking about on the front finder, I think a small mud flap will help.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Ron, What's in Kansas this weekend?

MATT (Missouri trials club) is having its postponed spring event at Ken Brown's farm this saturday(4-10-2010). This is just a few miles west of Leavenworth. Visit www.matt-trials.com is website with google maps, time etc.

SPINNER!!! Im headed that way sat. (hope I dont break anything) then AVTA on Sunday...