Ty Auto Lube System + Pre Mix Ratios

squid

Thanks again for the info you've all given me on me last guestion.

Now here's another.

Do i just disconnect my autolube system if I want to premix my fuel. And does any body know what the oil,petrol mix would be.

Sorry if Iam being a pain.

Squid.

Gday, dont worry, thats what these forums are for! Yes you can disconnect your pre-lube system. TY Trials UK make a little kit to blank off the oil pump mounting hole or you could make something yourself if you want. Its best to remove the pump totally. I also block the holes for the pipes and cables and drill a smnall drain hole in the bottom of the pump cover to keep water away.

Make sure you block the inlet port for the oil system into the carb or manifold. On my 250 A I used a short 6mm panhead screw with a suitable copper washer under it to block the hole into the base of the barrel in the manifold. I run my TY's at 40:1, others may vary this.

Cheers,

Stork

Squid,

Getting to be quite the mechanic!! All replies contain all the info you are looking for. Buy a Domino throttle, fast or slow (white or black barrel) a universal throttle cable and an auto blanking rubber for the side of the carb. Remove the forward cover plate to get at the oil pump and remove cable from unit then the whole pump. Blank off the cable inlet in the case with a simple nut and bolt. Seal the rubber where the oil lines enter with silicone. You can run in this configuration with just the bare shaft coming through the clutch case as it has it's own oil seals. However most of us remove the case and then remove the oil pump drive shaft. Now you need to make, or buy a cover where the oil pump use to be. What I have always used is the piece of alloy from behind the bracket on the chainguard as these often get bent into the shock. Hammer it flat, cut to shape and drill, seal with the good old blue silicone and the job is done. Bear in mind you will need two short bolts as the pump bolts will be too long. Run the sytem on 40:1 with a good 90+ octane but remember in these days fuel is such a poor quality it goes off after a couple of months with a very noticeable lack of power with the 125.

Tony

Thanks Kev99.

Iam going to get me tentacles on that diddy kit, sharpish.

Have you got a TY and a Tiger or have you created something interesting with the 2. Iam mighty curious to see pics.

Cheers

Squid.

• 2 weeks later...

• 9 years later...

Hello Gents,

I have a '74 TY 250 in good condition.

I am in the process of going pre-mix with it, and therefore removing the autolube pump.

I pulled the pump today, and the pump drive shaft came out with it (see attached picture).

So, it seems that all I need to do now is attach a block-off plate (I've studied this procedure) on the case, am I correct? 

Or do I necessarily need to pull off the engine case and remove other bits?

Thanks in advance !

TY250 001.JPG