Marseilles

bigwig

Fuji 7th? What's going on there?

Hmm joint 4th after the first qualification on 9, Dabill was close on 11 then Gubian on 21 :o and Wiggy on 25 :D

Then the circus started and he ends up in 7th having halved Gubian and Wiggy's score in the sections......................I understand it makes perfect sense :o

Wonder what rules they have for the next round, hope they keep the same, because by the end of the series somone might understand them and explain it in simple terms ;)

Note: I did understand it but I bet Fuji is a bit miffed

It still sucks, it suppost to be a trial not a F in enduro. Should be three laps highest scores drop out after each lap, simple, and thats what we call trials incase the FIM have forgot.

I think we could be in danger of missing the point of the new rules and scoring.

Would Dibs have got 3rd at sheffield under the old rules or wiggy 6th last night?

Wiggy and Dibs both beat Fuji in the sections so observation caused fujis downfall not a race. For many years the indoors have had races in some shape or form.

Bou won, Cabby won so the winners are the same it seems like the also rans are getting a chance and isn't that good for us?

Could the problem really be the the indoor series is a World Championship. Would it not work better as a series that the top boys rode as an entertaining diversion over the winter months?

People would surely still go to see the skills and it would enable a promoter to put on a show that works for what ever country there in.

Wiggy and Dibs both beat Fuji in the sections so observation caused fujis downfall not a race. For many years the indoors have had races in some shape or form.

Sorry but you must be looking at a different set of results, after the first 6 sections, Fuji 9, Dabill 11 and Wiggy 25 :o so where was fuji beaten on obsevation?

............................and as I said the circus started with racing, then some more sections, where he did get pipped by Dibs and Wiggy, hardly a true obsrvation comparison over the entire course.

It may have suited Dibbs and Wiggy in Sheffield and indeed we would have extatic if Doug would have won......................but the rules are still too complicated people that are involved in the sport fail to understand, then Joe Public ain't got a prayer!!

Sorry but you must be looking at a different set of results, after the first 6 sections, Fuji 9, Dabill 11 and Wiggy 25 :o so where was fuji beaten on obsevation?

............................and as I said the circus started with racing, then some more sections, where he did get pipped by Dibs and Wiggy, hardly a true obsrvation comparison over the entire course.

It may have suited Dibbs and Wiggy in Sheffield and indeed we would have extatic if Doug would have won......................but the rules are still too complicated people that are involved in the sport fail to understand, then Joe Public ain't got a prayer!!

I really think everyone is jumping on the "bad rules" band wagon and the fact that fuji lost less in part one doesn't count in the next part, its just the way it is, to give a show and rather than sending home the two riders at the bottom allows a second chance to wiggy and dibs, for example. This keeps both the riders and more importantly the spectators on their toes.

In round one fuji beat them both.

Wiggy and Dibs beat fuji on observation in the decider as to who goes to the final 6. So I don't think you are looking at it in the round. It gives a mini final or rather a bit of drama which is what its all about surely.

It isn't complicated except when its over explained.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Could the problem really be the the indoor series is a World Championship. Would it not work better as a series that the top boys rode as an entertaining diversion over the winter months?

People would surely still go to see the skills and it would enable a promoter to put on a show that works for what ever country there in.

Totally agree. Indoors should be a show rather than a championship.

Yes thats right last chance over 2 sections 3, 4 and 5. My point is over the initial 6 sections he was only on 9 and in 5th place?

My point is he lost more than our two over the two sections to move to the smi. This happens all the time in Supercross and accepted by all.

Last Chance is just what its called, if you can look at it objectively then it gets rid of two of the worst four riders, and sort of second chance for all four, a) to get through or :o to muff it.

My point is it provides a bit of excitement along the way for spectators and the moans last year were all about boring and procession which these rules seem to be trying to address.

I am not saying its wonderful, better than the tin can barbed wire and sliced bread, but there is reason in the change and for our lads dibs and wiggy it worked out well last night.

What we need is the man in the street to say, wow did you see eurosport last night those guys on thier motorbikes were amazing. We need to show the skill involved in riding the things these top riders can do. How come a golf player can pace up & down thinking about a shot and in an open & millions are whatching at home. Trials should be on the same par and i think it needs someone to get it there.