Fantic 240 Rear Brake Lever

ben_r

Hi guys,

Progess is being made on my 240 restoration, but I am having problems with my rear brake lever setup. The bike as I got it cam with a random brake lever on it, and it looks like they have butchered the mount to make it work.

I have my fabricator making new footpeg/brake mounts, and I have an original brake lever on the way. But what I need is details on the pedal mounting bolt arrangement - can someone tell me if the proper setup is a pin, or a bolt etc so I can get my fabricator to make the mount right.

Do I get him to drill a through hole, or tap an M6/M8/M10) etc to mount my pedal?

cheers,

Ben

The O.E. brake pedal mounted on a short stub , with a bushing in the lever pivot . The lever is retained by a bolt w/flat washer theaded into the pivot stub . If memory serves it's a M10 bolt .

Edited by axulsuv

Hi guys,

Progess is being made on my 240 restoration, but I am having problems with my rear brake lever setup. The bike as I got it cam with a random brake lever on it, and it looks like they have butchered the mount to make it work.

I have my fabricator making new footpeg/brake mounts, and I have an original brake lever on the way. But what I need is details on the pedal mounting bolt arrangement - can someone tell me if the proper setup is a pin, or a bolt etc so I can get my fabricator to make the mount right.

Do I get him to drill a through hole, or tap an M6/M8/M10) etc to mount my pedal?

cheers,

Ben

Ben,

I'm happy to hear that progress is being made. Did you ever get the chance to coat the inside of your petrol tank and apply paint? Let me know how you made out...I went a different route with my italjet tank. I'll fill you in on the details...drop me a PM.

All the best,

Carl