Gas Gas Set Up For Ssdt- Newcomer

doublea

Thanks B4ORT , After repairing a Tubeless tyre with these repair strips , What is the best system to inflate the tyre if the tyre is out of the rim?

It happened to me last Saturday , I was alone training in a stream late evening , the tyre went out of the rim , and had to go down the stream one hour pushing over the rocks (the rim did't touch the tyre so no traction) another hour pushing on the path. I reached home dark night (good training ) , i wonder if this situation happens to us in SSDT we have the risk to be in the middle of the highlands dark night, and raining...

You need big cable ties (bridas largas y anchas) incase the tyre comes off the rim and you can't get it on again. You can normally get them in the Parc Ferme.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double A, Cabby mentions in the article on the front page about his friend turning 50 is one of the reasons he is riding this year, he should have a whole load of spare tubes and tyre repair supplies following him round.

Are you the friend ?

Edited by ishy

Double A, Cabby mentions in the article on the front page about his friend turning 50 is one of the reasons he is riding this year, he should have a whole load of spare tubes and tyre repair supplies following him round.

Are you the friend ?

Ishy, I m not the friend of Cabby. It will be a pleasure to meet Cabby's "fiftynager" friend in SSDT2010. Which is right is that my dream was to come to the SSDT2010 for my 50th anniversary, and here we are .

Scotland has been a dream since i first saw a SOLOMOTO (Spanish magazine) with amazing pictures of SSDT74, listening "Selling England by the Pound" of Genesis, in a dark living room in Barcelona , since then , i have followed the race with magazines and web.

Good New, a good friend is coming to visit us the last day of the Trial. He will be watching us in some sections on Saturday , he is "The Gentleman of Trials " : Javier Cucurella . Any of you knows him? He is one of the Spanish pioneer in SSDT by 1974, and did really well ending the 12th in 1975.

Ishy, I m not the friend of Cabby. It will be a pleasure to meet Cabby's "fiftynager" friend in SSDT2010. Which is right is that my dream was to come to the SSDT2010 for my 50th anniversary, and here we are .

Scotland has been a dream since i first saw a SOLOMOTO (Spanish magazine) with amazing pictures of SSDT74, listening "Selling England by the Pound" of Genesis, in a dark living room in Barcelona , since then , i have followed the race with magazines and web.

In Scotland we tried to "Sell England by the Pound" but only got 50p for it :thumbup: ..... Trick of the tail and A Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on your i pod should keep you happy on the roads

You've said before that you think will be in the first class awards so why then are you gearing your bike up like somebody who'll struggle to get round with limited ability & needs to make time up down the road? You go to Scotland to ride 180 sections, ride them how you know best as there's no need to change. The rest just happens, a good enough rider can make any time up across the moors & that's not anything to do with pulling tall gearing. Every Scottish section can be ridden in 1st at 11/42 on a Gasser, no problem. Try going round up there on a 250, they're seriously slow but you can still get them round in time every day.

Of course there is no obligation to keep the same gearing all week. It won't take that long to revert to standard if experience shows it to be necessary.

Good New, a good friend is coming to visit us the last day of the Trial. He will be watching us in some sections on Saturday , he is "The Gentleman of Trials " : Javier Cucurella . Any of you knows him? He is one of the Spanish pioneer in SSDT by 1974, and did really well ending the 12th in 1975.

Yes, I remember watching Javier Cucurella at the SSDT in the seventies, rode for Bultaco!

Big John

Yes, I remember watching Javier Cucurella at the SSDT in the seventies, rode for Bultaco!

Big John

Javier Cucurella is "Bultaquero" 100% as you Big John.

Javier told me that would like to race again in Scotland if a Pre 80 race is organized . Javier has is latest blue Bultaco in the garage waiting Pre 80 Scotish race! . He said to me that would like to meet again in this Trial his fellows Gordon Farley, Sepherd, Thorpe, Rod Edwards, Benny Shellman, Malcom Rathmell, Martin Lampking ...

Javier Cucurella is "Bultaquero" 100% as you Big John.

Javier told me that would like to race again in Scotland if a Pre 80 race is organized . Javier has is latest blue Bultaco in the garage waiting Pre 80 Scotish race! . He said to me that would like to meet again in this Trial his fellows Gordon Farley, Sepherd, Thorpe, Rod Edwards, Benny Shellman, Malcom Rathmell, Martin Lampking ...

Get Javier to bring him to Alvie in June....He'll love it