Evo Coolant

diligaf

I just bought an Evo 290, was wondering whether the coolant still causes problems with the casing like the old betas, and if so should I change it out for another type of coolant such as motul? Or is this no longer a problem?

Just for safety's sake I'd recommend using a propylene glycol based coolant like Engine Ice or Silkolene Pro Cool. If the engine does have magnesium parts better to be safe then sorry.

The owner of a company called two2cool says that engine ice and the typical auto coolent use the same propylene glycol.

Edited by Liviob

Ethylene glycol is traditionally used in automotive systems. The real benefit of the premixed propylene glycol coolant, aside from non-toxicity, is it uses deionized water which significantly cuts down on the chemical reactions that are corrosion. Tap water is full of chlorine and fluoride and iron and metallic salts which will pass right through you but wreak havoc on your engine.

Should be similar to a Rev3 which is about a quart from empty. Just pour it in till it stops taking it. Squeeze the hoses to work out air bubbles in the system. Then run it a while and after it's run for a bit let it cool and check the fluid again. Fill and forget.

• 4 months later...

As far as I know all the propylene glycol coolants are premixed and ready to use.

From the Silkolene website

PRO COOL

Advanced, all-season engine coolant based on propylene glycol for reduced toxicity levels. Formulated with 50% distilled water

As far as I know all the propylene glycol coolants are premixed and ready to use.

From the Silkolene website

PRO COOL

Advanced, all-season engine coolant based on propylene glycol for reduced toxicity levels. Formulated with 50% distilled water

Thats What I thought but wasn't 100% sure :rolleyes: .

Thanks

Evoboy

Edited by evoboy