Fuel Mixture 2009 250

revfinn

Hi

Just got this great bike, but i have conflicting advice about oil mixture

What should it be 75cc to 5 ltrs or 100cc to 5ltrs

Also semi synthetic of fully

Last question ATF Dexron for gearbox or what?

Thanks

Probably 75cc's per 5 Ltrs, full-synthetic and Type-F ATF would be your best bet.

jon

Hi mate, I have exactly the same bike as you and you do tend to get conflicting advice, Gas Gas themselves will tell you premix is 80:1 then some people that I trust have said 70:1 the gas gas manual for 09 that I got with mine does indeed say 80:1, I played it safe and went with 70:1 as long as you have got a bit of smoke from your tailpipe when your pottering about it will be fine. Also I do believe it depends on the oil you choose, personally I use Castrol TTS which is a bit lilke p*** (As in thin) where as a mate of mine prefers Putoline for piece of mind as its a lot thicker, a guy I know a bike mechanic said that he used to assemble engines with a bit of putoline coated on parts as its sort of sticky so it was good for that. Always err on the side of caution I'd say, its much cheaper to replace a fouled plug than rebuild your slack top end!

As for transmission oil, i use the Castrol QTF which is an automatic transmission fluid (ATF) its in 1 litre bottles and you need 400ml in your bike, so what I do i buy 2 bottles which is