Rear Shock

houseape1000

Im looking into getting a new spring, and getting the shock re-con'd.....

Does anyone know of a good place to buy the spring, and re-con, preferably near merseyside.

I have read lots of posts that state rear sag should be around a third.

I measured mine last night at about a half, (with me on), and the spring is wound right up.

Maybe someone can tell me what spring to buy.....Im about 15st, (pure tea).

Ive been searching for a second-hand rear shock but can't find one anywhere.......I initially wanted one off an 06, but finding them off any year is impossible.

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy,

There is a custom made Scorpa spring on Ebay at the moment, scroll through the Scorpa listings, I think it has just been listed today.

Failing that I have a shock & spring I don't know what year it's of, I bought it of Ebay, but it has hardly any damping, I got the bushes out as they were good, I will part with the spring, if your interested just message me.

Nigel.

if you take it any suspension place they will re-service the whole thing for you,and to be honest its the best thing with less hassel.

most mortcycle shop will do it.

bill popes in warrington is good at that stuf or atleast used to be good luck,,,

Andy,

There is a custom made Scorpa spring on Ebay at the moment, scroll through the Scorpa listings, I think it has just been listed today.

Failing that I have a shock & spring I don't know what year it's of, I bought it of Ebay, but it has hardly any damping, I got the bushes out as they were good, I will part with the spring, if your interested just message me.

Nigel.

Cheers for that !

The spring on ebay......It states it is the same overall length, but has more coils.....unless its a thicker guage wire, doesn't that mean it will be easier to bottom out.....or am I looking at it all wrong ? :ph34r:

if you take it any suspension place they will re-service the whole thing for you,and to be honest its the best thing with less hassel.

most mortcycle shop will do it.

bill popes in warrington is good at that stuf or atleast used to be good luck,,,

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone any idea of cost ?

I phoned a place in wigan yesterday, and they only do motoX, and Montesa ? as far as off roading is concerned........

I had thought the same about getting my rear shock rebuilt on my 06 sy 250, as the rebound was that bad it would sometimes, if I wasn't gripping the bike with my legs, it would lift my feet of the pegs on rocks, I was at first dragging the back brake to try & calm it down.

I phoned Nigel Birket asking about a shock rebuild, he was very helpfull, he said the rear shock on the Scorpa was naturaly lively & as long as there had been no signs of oil leeks to try turning the rebound adjuster in a good way then gradualy out to where there was an improvement.

I had previously tried turning it in a couple of turns, without a great deal of difference, so I turned it all the way fully in, a lot of turns ! & what a diference, I just turned it out after that to get it somewhere I thought would be better, somewhere like I wanted it, then when out on the bike adjusted it & at the same time the forks, what a difference, worlds better.

I am more used to motocross bike suspension, I have had this Scorpa over a year now, great fun. With motocross bikes the adjustment screws are on clicks so when turning from a standard posistion it's easy to keep track of & being more sensative to a couple of turns on the adjusters, so with the Scorpa adjuster just being in & out, like a loose screw, I thought a couple of turns from where it was would make a difference, I never thought to turn it fully in then out (dummy).

Nigel Birket is I think the man to ask about a shock rebuild on a Scorpa or advice, that would be the place I would go if it needs doing, sound & helpfull bloke.

• 3 years later...

Just got a 2008 scorpa and noticed the rear shock was different to my old 2004 bike, spring is different and 2008 has a spacer at the bottom (see picture if it uploads)

Does anyone know are these standard? was it an upgrade for the 2008 model and was it any different / better?

I still have both bikes as I havent sold the old one and was wondering if I should swap shocks over ( im quite heavy and the 2004 one looks a bit more sturdy to me!

Any info appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

• 7 years later...