2010 300cc Power

mostar

Hi all.

Looking at maybe getting a 300cc and just want to ask any guys out there that have the 2010 300cc as what the power is like at the bottom to what pre years of the 300cc GG has been like

or is it just the same as pre years

Thanks for any info guys

• 2 weeks later...

just swaped my sweet seven year old 280 for a 09 300, not let the 300 really go yet due to a problem with it pinking but other than that it seems great, I don't get all this head spacer flywheel weight etc etc, slow action throttle, smaller sprockets etc etc. ok if your loaded and have buckets of cash to throw around i guess but i reckon if you turn the throttle less then it wont pull your arms off as much i gather or am i being silly? i thought by now gas gas have made a 300 like it is for a reason. why not get a 250 or 280 instead of detuning a 300. dont take my advice it wont do you any favours i guess, can't even get mine to run right.

I have not modified my 07 300. Not Even though about a flywheel weight. It is exactly the same as when i picked it up from the shop! I just learnt how to ride it. I am certainly no expert rider, just a clubman. The power is so smooth at the bottom of the rev range and it is there when and if you need it. When you learn how to introduce the power in a smooth and controlled manner, the bike will do it's thing. Give it too much and it will just spin.

Personally i would try to ride it first before putting a flywheel weight. No point in wasting money on it if you don't have to.

chorleytrialsclub: I think you have a point, if you are going to put a flywheel weight on why not just get a smaller engine instead. I've had the same view before. I hear the 280's are just as good as a 300 now (less the 20cc of course).

Always flatly refused the idea of a flywheel weight on either my 300 Raga or any of my 280's. I'm now riding a 125 but I occasionally ride my dads 250 and my old 280 which a friend bought. We fitted a flywheel weight to make it a little more controllable for him. I can honestly say I wish I'd had one fitted when I rode bigger bikes. I feel more in control with the flywheel weight on the 280 than I do on the standard 250. When I finally go back on a bigger bike (a 250 :rolleyes: ) I'll definitely be considering one.

I think my 300 is perfect just the way it is straight from the factory.

I agree exept I added a slow throttle on my 09. What you should be aware of is that brand new the 300 is a bit of an animal but they do soften off with time. I'm on my fourth new 300 and found the 09 the worst straight out of the box so changed only the throttle. I then got used to it and it softened off like the others.