Kill Button On Evo

tilertrialler

am hoping to remove headlight and fit yam style kill button to evo. have had a quick look ,juction box seems to be under mudgaurd, that connects to the black box on side of engine (which i have not figured how to remove yet) . will remove all wiring when removing light but where is best place to connect in kill button wires , can some explain procedure please.

Be careful what you remove. On the Rev3s the fan still needs the regulator box even though the later models ran the lights unregulated directly off the stator. I would guess the EVO is the same.

On the Zeros people would often remove the rectifier when they took the lights off and that would eventually fry the fan as well. Expensive little mistake that was.

no problems removing lights from evo just unplugs , not the same as a rev 3 where ,if i remember correctly you had to join the yellow wires together.

as for kill button , just connect in to existing kill switch wires. [ behind cover on side of tank on a 09 or by bar mounts on a 2010] cut off existing plug from cable and join up to your new killswitch.

thanks spudsdad, will have a good look after weekend , sounds to easy, but did have a look at wiring diagram and it is looks as you say, just connect to existing kill button wires, no donot want to sell light tiptop ,will hang on to it just incase , saying that still have 06rev3 light and speedo in box somewhere ,