2002 250 Pro - Refitting Airbox/plastics.....frustration.....grr!

waynerobshaw

Hi All,

I've just spent a very frustrating an hour and a half trying to re-fit the seat plastics containing the airbox to my 2002 250 pro. Problem being, firstly getting the neck of airbox past the suspension, then trying to locate the neck on to the carb. The airbox plastic is very hard and not very plyable, so I spent ages trying to attach the two. In the end I removed the carb from the engine side to allow a little bit of wigglying into the neck of the airbox. All in all and complete nightmare.

Question is, is this they way it is or have a missed a very simple way of refitting the plastics/airbox? Surely GG didn't design it this difficult?

Cheers,

Wayne.

Edited by waynerobshaw

Try warming the pipe with a hair dryer then work quickly to refit. Enlarge, elongate the holes that the fixing screws go through into those disastrous clips that the plastics knock off while struggling on.

GG changed airbox to carb position on laters models i believe

Cheers chaps for the replies. So, it would seem thats the way it is! Never mind, its back on now, but I'm not looking forward to the next time I take it off!

Smalley250, believe me, the hammer got thought of a few times :rolleyes:

Interestingly, and I'm not sure if this plays a part but its a 2002 with 2004 plastics! Not sure if that makes it better or worse!