Gg Txt Pro 250 2001

cunninghamb

Hello all, new to the Forum and to the Trials sence! I have been strictly mx up untill now...

Well a lad I know is selling a GasGas txt pro 250 2001 model. Been to see the bike. It's in a bit of a tatty state but nothing a bit of time and TLC won't sort :thumbup:. Anyways my main worry is this "pawn gear". The kick start has nothing to it (if you get me?) you can put it right down without it turning the engine. If you continue to do this you can feel where it cathes on a tooth and then suddenly goes as it came. Now my quistion is (once I bump start it to hear it running) is it worth buying? He wants

There wasn't a Pro in 2001, they came out in 2002. So either it's at least a 2002 or its just the previous model (which although less high tech, were I think more sturdy.

I'll leave someone else to tell you what it's going to cost you to sort, I really don't know.

If it was more money I'd say don't bother at all. If it's the 2002 pro, in my view the bike was a dog, changed drastically the following year to make it fit for purpose.

Edit: I suppose there was a Pro model in 2001, it was the 2002 model which came out at the end of 2001. Same applies above.

Edited by bikespace

I had the ratchet go on my 2000 txt making it do the same thing if i remember rightly it only cost 25 quid to have a new one fitted

:rolleyes:

Hi mate, did you buy the part and fit it yourself? If so where did you get it? And did you put it to a garage if other wise?

Thanks very much mate.

Anyone else?

if it is a pro this may help? i did the hammer gears on the kick start shaft on a 04 250 pro both gears were about 90 quid from BVM stroud, pointless getting one, best to put a spring on too, only a few quid, have to take clutch out, you will need circlip pliers that open out, its not too difficult, bike should be worth that money if thats the only thing wrong, be carefull with the clutch pipe banjo bolt they are easy to cross thread and dont overtighted it, you will split the casing and they are expensive, thats what some kids did with the one a bought.

j

There wasn't a Pro in 2001, they came out in 2002. So either it's at least a 2002 or its just the previous model (which although less high tech, were I think more sturdy.

I'll leave someone else to tell you what it's going to cost you to sort, I really don't know.

If it was more money I'd say don't bother at all. If it's the 2002 pro, in my view the bike was a dog, changed drastically the following year to make it fit for purpose.

Edit: I suppose there was a Pro model in 2001, it was the 2002 model which came out at the end of 2001. Same applies above.

2002 a bit of a dog! Oh no! I've just bought one! What was the major problems?