Evo Rear Brake

thedee

Hi any one else having problems with the rear brake mine keeps locking on, i have replaced seals and pads and even had a new master cylinder on it and still no joy. Any one else witht the same problem??

Its vital to check that you have some free play at the rear brake pedal,,,,a couple of mill before the brake rod starts too push into the master cylinder,, hope this is clear,,,

Before going to the expense of master cylinders etc try removing and checking the pedal pivot bolt. As it gets worn it gets a high spot which causes the brake pedal to momentarily lock down. It's probably happened more than you've realised! When the bolt and pivot bush is out give them a good clean and put the bolt back with some loctite and some light grease on the pivot, don't overtighten it. Once you get in the habit of doing this as part of your service routine you won't have the problem again.

Cheers i will try that but im pritty sure thats not the problem the lever moves fine and there is abuot a inch of free play. The pads just dont move away from the disk, when riding the bikeand the disk and pads get hot the amount of free play in the lever decreases, when it cools down the free play comes back. A chap who i trial with had the same problem and tried replacing the hose at a cost of