Ssdt Route Predictions

tricky dicky

Just out of interest really, where are we reckoning the route will run this year? There is no visit to Clunes moor this year and I have never ridden it when we haven't gone across it! I'm sure GIZZA5 will have an idea! I for one hope that they haven't got Trotters in first thing Monday like last year! I missed the nice run over Bradileig last year on the Monday and down into Kinlochleven. I would also think its nice for the spectators having the sections fairly close together. I quite like starting with Leanachen first thing Monday, it was odd not doing it last year till Wednesday! I wonder how its going to work having the Brae in on Monday aswell! Purely boredom and speculation obviously!!

meuselech is trotters...whats happened to clunes then? does this mean all way out to dhoir dham and back practically on the road? I think ther#s talk of modified.(harder?) town hall Brae.....suppose it helps keep long weekenders in town on the monday

Edited by chewy

Apparently the land is scarred so were not going over there this year. Clunes is the one that has meall coire glas 1 & 2 on it and is up the track from the top of Forest Gate. It will be interesting how we will get back across from Creag Lundie and Forest Gate without going across that lovely moor crossing!

My post is pure fantasy, wouldn't happen. Sorry too old a head Muirshearlich is Trotters Burn and of course Kentallen is known as Lagnaha.

I have absolutley no connection with the committee or the clerk of the course so anything I say is my furtive mind at work as it always is until I start nagging Highland Lassie to get the routes up, despite the fact that I KNOW we don't see them to early April at the earliest and that I'll get a thick ear for nagging.... ;)

No Clunes would be different but land management being what it is it would be a surprise if Mark decided not to use some part of what we've come to expect every year. Leaving somewhere fallow for a year not only gives the land owner a bit les of a headache but makes things different, Mark like doing that. There is another nice (!) moor run on the other side of the loch called Corryaraick Pass, long time since the trial has been over there, don't know whether it's available these days but that would be fun.

Eitherway......I suspect another six week of patience is ahead of us...... time to start nagging HL... :rolleyes:

I don't study the route for each day I take it as it comes and just follow the markers. I don't carry a watch either, then I don't have to worry if I'm on time or not, just keep plodding away, you always end up close come tea time.

I don't study the route for each day I take it as it comes and just follow the markers. I don't carry a watch either, then I don't have to worry if I'm on time or not, just keep plodding away, you always end up close come tea time.

Not carrying a watch may not be a bad idea. I spend all week panicking about the time but can't go any quicker even if I wanted to!!

Only problem with no watch could be the timed return home which happens on some days. You wouldn't know what time to go to the timekeeper at the parque ferme.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry - we have some interesting little excursions lined up for you.

The problem is at the moment they are all under 12" of frozen snow !!

As for getting back from Forest Gate on Tuesday - wait and see - :crying:

but its not the Corryaraick Pass - that will be under 12 feet of snow at the moment!