How Different Are 09 4rts To 08?

benz19

Seen a few 09 4rt around lately but not heard any reports on them??

Was curious as to how they differ,i understand they have different fork and shock settings,some say different frame geometry??

Plus new exhaust system,just curious as to how people are finding them,as i used to have an 05 that i put 07 cam in and played around with TRP rear shock..

Appreciate your thought guys!!

Benz

Never ridden one but I have heard reports that the difference in frame geometry makes the bike turn a lot better than before. Apparently it turns and tracks better so in tight turns it is easier to ride.

However there does not seem to be many 09 around due to their initial cost so you may struggle to find someone who has ridden them back to back. I would love to give one ago but knowing my luck I would prefer it over mine and therefore would want to buy one. :chairfall:

There were a few at the Colmore on sunday.

My main complaint with my old 4rt was the front end ploughing in tight turns,very little front end feedback in my opinion,no one shout at me please :chairfall:

Benz

There were a few at the Colmore on sunday.

My main complaint with my old 4rt was the front end ploughing in tight turns,very little front end feedback in my opinion,no one shout at me please :chairfall:

Benz

Try dropping the yolks to the second line on the forks, mine steers great even in the ****

• 2 weeks later...
very different, turn in ,smoother power , had 4 four rts and its chalk and cheese, what centre do you ride in as you are welcome to try mine

Im in south midlands,Redditch area,where are you??

Cheers for the offer!!

Benz

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped my well used 06 in for an ex ssdt 09 with Sandifords before they had "issues". They are different. The 09 steers better the engine is smoother and the clutch has much better feel and lighter.

Considered a Gasser at the time but glad I choose the 4RT its more reliable which in my book means more fun. I think if you ride one you'll want one!

Make sure you fit a case saver, as my mates 05 threw its chain a few weeks ago

and what a mess it made of the casing and posibly the engine. id never seen one

do it before but for the

I'd been thinking of fitting a case saver on the old bike ever since I got it but didn't get round to it until..you guessed it ..........chain snapped... trashed casing followed by a dent in me wallet. Swapped it onto the new bike and only last week chain popped off result no damage to bike or wallet.

Good advice sir.