Greeves Rear Shocks

bsabantamtrials

Hi-I used to ride a Scottish.I changed from what I had to the NJB 'expert' shocks and the difference in response was huge.Not only in obvious stuff like feeling lighter over obstacles but I remember feeling the front end also felt more agile which I couldn't understand! I 'm no expert but the shocks really made a massive improvement that was of immediate benefit to me.

The length from the centre of the mounting bolts is 12.5 inches.This and the spring type was recommended me by NJB.I don't recall the spring type but it feels good.I think the benefit of the double spring is in giving the suspension a more progressive feel-I think.It certainly did feel very nice and transformed the bike a fair bit.Grip and agility.Much more than I would have expected.

• 3 months later...

Should be 12" on a Greeves but who's quibbling with an extra 1/2"!!. I have new NJB shocks on my Scottish and can concur that they are a huge improvement on the Armstrong's that I had on there before. I think this can be attributed to the lighter spring rate but also the damping works in both directions (only worked on rebound on the 50 year old Armstrong's).