Red Dellorto

clav3

Is it just me or, after alot of video and photo analysis, is Cabestany sporting a shiny red dellorto on his 2010?

There is a promo pic with the Keihin on but since then it looks like a Red Dell.

Could it possibly run better (more stable) with the new fuel pump system?

I've changed back to the Dell about a year ago.

More engine stability while running lean idle settings.

More engine stability while running at horrible angles.

Virtually no flooding after horrible crashes.

Smoother power delivery as the throttle is wound on in loose, steep, cambered conditions.

The engine is just consistently more happy with the Dell. Although I doubt Cabestany is too worried about the engine being consistently happy.

So I wonder why the change?

Correct it is a red dellortto, but not the standard type. Its actually a dellortto flat slide carb, so still has all the same benefits\ characteristics or a keihn. When they have been used before they have been very tempermental (even more so then the keihn) but aparently paxau has done some work on them to improve things. I no that chris pearson of splatshop.com is testing one so could shortly be the man to contact if you wanted the same carb as the top boys.

Is it just me or, after alot of video and photo analysis, is Cabestany sporting a shiny red dellorto on his 2010?

There is a promo pic with the Keihin on but since then it looks like a Red Dell.

Could it possibly run better (more stable) with the new fuel pump system?

I've changed back to the Dell about a year ago.

More engine stability while running lean idle settings.

More engine stability while running at horrible angles.

Virtually no flooding after horrible crashes.

Smoother power delivery as the throttle is wound on in loose, steep, cambered conditions.

The engine is just consistently more happy with the Dell. Although I doubt Cabestany is too worried about the engine being consistently happy.

So I wonder why the change?

It's the new dellorto flatside 28mm, look on www.splatshop.co.uk, only trials dealer i've seen selling them