Anyone Ride Or Ridden The.....

marky boy

Does anyone ride or has ridden the SY racing. Just curious how they would compare ?? I know of a lot of the riders round my area who have tried to tune em and lighten the flywheel, which is no good.

Just curious on the thoughts of the people who ride them ,as i know that they are supposed to be no good for the UK and i have never heard of or come into contact with anyone who has ridden one. Curious about what you guys across the water think ?

Yours in noseyness

Mark

Edited by Marky boy

The SY is such an increadably tuneable bike that you can personalize it to be pretty much exactly what you want. I have had 3 now and I prefer the Racing model with the heavy flywheel and a slow throttle. Mike, at the TryalsShop, sends mine preset that way each year. I have spent some time on a Racing with the light flywheel, fast throttle, and quick timing. It makes for a very snappy bike and a little too quick for my liking.

Having said that, I now have several hours of practice and a couple of events on my 2004 model. It has the the quick timing, heavy flywheel, and slow throttle once again, but I have to say that even setup that way it is much more responsive than last years bike. When I first uncrated it and rode it, I would have bet anyone that it was a light flywheel model. I can only imagine what an 04 that really had the light flywheel and fast throttle would be like! For those that like their bike that way, and have accused the Scorpa of being a little slower on the snap, I think they will be in for a real surprise this year.

We have two 03 Scorpa sy at are house.The step boys rides expert his bike is the race model very quick off the bottum in all the gears.My bike is the comp model but we put the lighter flywheel on and does not stall in the mud and hooks up well.I rode the boys bike a loop at a club event and it felt much quicker then mine and you sure wanted to hold on tight.Had some time on Mikes Komers o4 and it seemed right for power plenty at all times.JR :hat: