Scorpa Gearbox Oil

godzilla

I changed the oil in my recently acquired 08 SY2T for the first time last week, i have always used motul expert 10w40 and i totaly swore by it. The clutch control on theis bike was out of this world, i have had a good few scorpas and the clutch on the bike was someting else, i always drop the oil ect on any new bike i get. when i took the sump bolt out the oil just fell out! this stuff was sooo thin (and it was actualy clean!)

After putting the motul 10w40 the clutch was like every other scorpa i have had, but simply not as good as with the thin oil that came out.

Has anyone got any idea what this thin stuff could be? am going to try some PJ1 75w ultra lite but i thought i would ask you guys.

Edited by godzilla

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

I changed the oil in my recently acquired 08 SY2T for the first time last week, i have always used motul expert 10w40 and i totaly swore by it. The clutch control on theis bike was out of this world, i have had a good few scorpas and the clutch on the bike was someting else, i always drop the oil ect on any new bike i get. when i took the sump bolt out the oil just fell out! this stuff was sooo thin (and it was actualy clean!)

After putting the motul 10w40 the clutch was like every other scorpa i have had, but simply not as good as with the thin oil that came out.

Has anyone got any idea what this thin stuff could be? am going to try some PJ1 75w ultra lite but i thought i would ask you guys.

What colour was the oil you drained,did it have a red tint to it??