Help And Advice Needed

newrider

hi everyone i am looking into taking up the sport a complete beginner my uncle briefly taught me how to ride when i was around 11 and now 15 years later i have decided i definatley want to learn properly. I need any advice u may have for me regarding learning to ride, where to ride, what bike to get (although i do have a limited budget to begin with) and also any other advice i havnt thought of.

As i said i am complete beginner with no motorbike experience at all but a keen love for trials bikes. Always been into it just never got round to learning for myself been on a few trials with my uncle as observer and been to a couple of world championships with him too.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Buy the best bike you can afford,a Beta 200 is the perfect learner bike.Go to as many events as possible.

Practice is great but you will learn a lot more by competing,don't worry about the marks,take 5s if you don't fancy the more difficult sections and most important-enjoy.

Good luck.

thanks for the advice everyone i live in feltham middlesex, (forgot to mention that before) anyone know anything about a bike called rtx t212 i personally have never heard of it but as i said tight budget at the mo wanting something to start off on and will save for a better bike thanks again for the advice so far

I'm so glad I got a 290. I've ridden bikes before and that was about 6-7 years ago and I was scared on flat at first but about 4 hours on it I'm now popping wheelies, jumping hills, bunny hops, wheelies up a hill and carrying on off, or to the side ect. Had a go up few rocks but need to master my flicks, can hold it up top though. Just cant get used to using my back brake and my front is harsh.

Flipped it and got some mud stick in the exhaust and broke rear mud guard off. Nothing 2 bigger washers hasnt fixed as thats where it broke off. hasnt knocked my confidence and only reasopn it happened was because i never, for the only time had my finger over the clutch to shut the power off and when I fell back abit I winded the throttle and it just left me.

Good fun but I ache now

Dont buy the RTX as you may as well buy a field bike which will be more than likley better quality. If you want cheap buy a Gas Gas txt or a Beta Techno 90`s models. But be careful what you buy as most will be tired which means bike

Hi there new rider

Ive 2 rtx212 at the moment and can tell you that they are no good to start riding ( hard to control at low speed,parts very hard to get)

You will be better of with any comon bike,gas gas ,beta.

Good luck

wayne

thanks again for the advice im still on the look out for a cheap bike any ideas where to look for them as i only know of ebay and pistonheads wanna get a cheap one to begin with so i can see if i like it or not if it turns out i do i will upgrade once i am better at riding

Well we do have this nice, FREE Classified Ads system ;)

Hey that is shameless self promotion and advertising. That is not......

What was that you said Copie.....This Andy guy is the site owner and has the power to ban me. Oh in that case never mind that I said anything.

All hail the great and mighty ANDY ;):thumbup:

Just having some fun. ;)

Edited by ZIPPY