Northern Indiana April 24 & 25

sam

That is excellent that you have the access to run a 4 mile loop. Keep in mind this will make for a long day. If a rider averages 8 miles per hour on the loop, which should be a fare estimate, is 30 minutes of just riding the loop. Four loops is 2 hours. Typically, walking (picking your line), riding, waiting at sections, and taking breaks usually accounts for 4-5 hours to finish a normal event. I'd guess a 4 mile loop would add an additional 1 to 1.5 hours to the event (5 - 6.5 hr event). As a suggestion, with the two day event and your availability of sections, you could split the course and run a 2 mile loop each day with different sections each day so all can enjoy all you have to offer? I don't have any problem with riding a 6 hour event (easy for me to say, I won't be riding) ... just something to think about.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Sir!

Also, there will be additional activities, Official Horse Shoe throwing pits located in the Howard's camp. PingPong tournament near the registration area. And possibly a dog show! :thumbup:

entertainment will consist of RandyR and Zippy playing a duet on there acoustical guitars, Followed by Molly Hatchet. Yes! ^_^ I'm in the process of booking Molly Hatchet, very excited! :bouncy: I sent them an e-mail and waiting for a response. :D

This will be the best Northern Indiana Trials Event ever!

entertainment will consist of RandyR and Zippy playing a duet on there acoustical guitars, Followed by Molly Hatchet.

This will be the best Northern Indiana Trials Event ever!

Aw CRAP!! I spent so much time trying to learn to ride I forgot everything I thought I knew about playing guitar.

:thumbup:

That's OK, I've been so busy with band stuff, I forgot how to ride!

But at least you are able to do one of them really well...................I can't play guitar very well anymore or ride very well.

:thumbup:

This should be a good time, Sam your event is always a great way to kick off the MOTA season. Great property, Good fun, Wonderful people to hang out with, and excellent weather..........(Well most years there was that cold rainy year, but we won't dwell on that)

If you guys have that much terrain you could really speed things up by changing over to a Scottish pattern scoring system. In the meantime you save yourself the effort of having to cajole, convince ,threaten or otherwise obtain 20 observers for your 10 sections. You save lots of split markers and there is little of the WAITING IN LINE characteristic of many observed trials. You do use more ribbon. Your trial would get done sooner and more efficiently. This takes some explanation initially for the promoter but anyone who has ever played GOLF will recognize the scoring system immediately.

Update!

This Hotel is 15min. from the event, roughly $55.00 a night. Uptown Nappanne has several good places to eat!

Shamrock Motel‎

1501 East Market Street, Nappanee, IN 46550-2336

(574) 773-3193‎

P.S. : Zippy dont worry, I'm not going to Arkansa, But WOW they have EnduroCross and Bicycle Trials all in the same weekend! :wall:

Suntan lotion I've got, fresh out of that traction in a bottle stuff, maybe if I follow Cap I can ride in his tracks. That guy can get traction anywhere! I see I have to compete with Don T this year too.... yet another guy to kick my behind. It's all good, always fun competition in SR class.o