American World Champ

kramit

but I like many others, was wholly disappointed in his attitude to his first visit in Europe. I also saw him ride on his own turf at Sequatchie and again he looked like he didn't want to be there and wasn't enjoying it at all even though he won the first day but got beat by Jack Challoner on the second day where he looked like he just gave up.

uhm wasn't he riding with a cracked vertebrae? had hoped to see him give it another go after he healed up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that he is a changed man and been working very hard. He has improved a lot with both mental and physical coaching as well. I think if his attitude is sorted, he could do very well. Good luck to him :P

HMMMM, I hate to pointe out the obvious, but I wonder what Pat thinks and wants?????

It's really his choice........

Anyway, I see Pat as a reserved guy that is probably mistaken as not enjoying himself when he may just look that way while concentrating or in the moment. Being a reserved person myself, I've had many people mistake what I was thinking, feeling, etc when I wasn't jumping around and screaming in joy when they would have been.

This is just a total guess though since I don't know Pat at all......

When eric and i were in europe we found what nigel dabster said to be very true about how the british lads have to go against the same stuff as the american kids in italy it was proven for a fact when alexz wigg should have won but the home town hero matteo grattarolla got some leanient calls from the observers. If pat wants to do anything he pretty much can he is very focused and dedicated to his profession. But I cannot say enough about how lucky we were to meet up and befriend some of the brits like: jonathan richardson and his dad, alexz wigg and his father Julien, the lampkins, and both andys and it was an awesome pleasure to meet andy ! all the brits treated us with so much respect and kindness, we both face the same barriers against foreign language and foreign observers who are going for the home team !

Edited by terrormachine

When eric and i were in europe we found what nigel dabster said to be very true about how the british lads have to against the same stuff as the american kids in italy it was proven for a fact when alexz wigg should have won but the home town hero matteo grattarolla got some leanient calls from the observers. If pat wants to do anything he pretty much can he is very focused and dedicated to his profession. But I cannot say enough about how lucky we were to meet up and befriend some of the brits like: jonathan richardson and his dad, alexz wigg and his father Julien, the lampkins, and it was an awesome pleasure to meet andy ! all the brits treated us with so much respect and kindness, we both face the same barriers against foreign language and foreign observers who are going for the home team !

But how were you able to settle the most important argument...............Coffee or Tea?

It's great that the trials community does look out for each other even at the world level. :P

When eric and i were in europe we found what nigel dabster said to be very true about how the british lads have to against the same stuff as the american kids in italy it was proven for a fact when alexz wigg should have won but the home town hero matteo grattarolla got some leanient calls from the observers. If pat wants to do anything he pretty much can he is very focused and dedicated to his profession. But I cannot say enough about how lucky we were to meet up and befriend some of the brits like: jonathan richardson and his dad, alexz wigg and his father Julien, the lampkins, and it was an awesome pleasure to meet andy ! all the brits treated us with so much respect and kindness, we both face the same barriers against foreign language and foreign observers who are going for the home team !

I guess we never got round to the story about Gratterolas engine the year before,08.

He took a dive section 8 near the top of the loop and filled the Sherco up big time when it was on full chat and it blew the head clean apart, massive hole and the cylinder aswell. Day over.

Then next section who pops up with a nice sounding sherco, yep grat. Well despite accusations and so on and the apparent refusal of anyone to check the id markings he rides the next few sections and returns to the start. Final two sections in rolls grat with a bike with a blown head complete with id. fortunately he finished well down so there was no point in making much fuss but I wonder what would have been the situation at Hawkstone had it been a british rider?

The odds are always stacked against everyone and France Italy and Spain its a tough life and you can only give it your best shot.

If pat comes and works hard at it then he can give a good showing, lets hope he can.

But how were you able to settle the most important argument...............Coffee or Tea?

It's great that the trials community does look out for each other even at the world level. :P

well neither of us drink coffee or tea so we didnt have a hard decision there !

Edited by terrormachine

I guess we never got round to the story about Gratterolas engine the year before,08.

He took a dive section 8 near the top of the loop and filled the Sherco up big time when it was on full chat and it blew the head clean apart, massive hole and the cylinder aswell. Day over.

Then next section who pops up with a nice sounding sherco, yep grat. Well despite accusations and so on and the apparent refusal of anyone to check the id markings he rides the next few sections and returns to the start. Final two sections in rolls grat with a bike with a blown head complete with id. fortunately he finished well down so there was no point in making much fuss but I wonder what would have been the situation at Hawkstone had it been a british rider?

The odds are always stacked against everyone and France Italy and Spain its a tough life and you can only give it your best shot.

If pat comes and works hard at it then he can give a good showing, lets hope he can.

and how much bike swapping and cheating goes on at the Scottish, Nigel ?

Well, I must admit that I have not a clue what the plans are for the year. I have not spoken to Noel, yet I can tell you that any any and all support would be greatly appreciated.

The simple fact of making your presence known can be a big deal. Someone to contact or go to when away if things went bad. Alexz over here would be like a son to me, no prob. On the same token, having someone in contact like that in some off country can be a big deal! Dabster knows how to contact Noel, give him a PM! Just say helow!

Pat is a quiet, introverted and "DRIVEN" kid. He has the stuff, maybe he will have some fun with it! Win or Loose, I doubt we can ask for more.

It is what it is, I wish him well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

When Americans compete in Europe, we are basically starting each event between about Midnight and 2 AM U.S. Time ( well into our normal sleeping time) On the contrary, Europeans when competing here in the States start each event at about 3 PM European time, which leaves them plenty of time to complete the event prior to their normal sleeping hours! Even if North American Riders arrive several days in advance of an event, this is a tough disadvantage to overcome. If you see Pat or Ryan with their eyes closed at times during a Trial, wake them up for us!!!!!