American World Champ

kramit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think pat has silenced alot of the doubters but there are still a few i think who believe he got lucky, but i for one think put just proved how much skill he has by keeping his head together and not only cleaning one complete day but two days of all cleans.

and to adress one of the older post about pats back in 2008 he did have a broken back from bicycle trials i believe. his back was causing him pain i remeber because we were at ttc trainig and he was having to ice it alot and take breaks.

will pat be going to japan ?

Sadly he has missed the boat. He needed to be in and around at both youth and junior level.All within 1 year of his age his peers like wigg Gomez challoner frrier moret have already done sevral championships, wigg and Gomez and jack within a year or so will all be top route.

Will somebody please serve Nigel his Crow.

Well the answer is very simple. Spends a lot of time and money, and not to mention the pain in the ass it is to travel. And after all that, gets 2 clean days!!!.......its just too easy, he's bored......he should be riding up a class but he can't. Maybe next year (or the year after that)

Well the answer is very simple. Spends a lot of time and money, and not to mention the pain in the ass it is to travel. And after all that, gets 2 clean days!!!.......its just too easy, he's bored......he should be riding up a class but he can't. Maybe next year (or the year after that)

If he is 18 he can ride the top route, where does the can't come from?

If he is 18 he can ride the top route, where does the can't come from?

I venture to say all of the Junior line World Rounds will be cleaned or single digit rides even.

I would guess it's pure economics. Spend a boat load of money and what's the return on your investment??? In Europe maybe there is some money for winning or placing high in the World rankings for endorsmemnts or contracts to ride for a certain team but in the US it's probably just a matter of self satisfaction which is a pretty expensive ego boost.

Edited by Trialsin1

I venture to say all of the Junior line World Rounds will be cleaned or single digit rides even.

I would guess it's pure economics. Spend a boat load of money and what's the return on your investment???

If Pat became World Champion in a sport that the US have done nothing in at this level for years, then handled correctly in the media/publicity/marketing etc, the return could be HUGE!

So its extremely sad to see that he's not doing the series! The first time the US get a chance of a world champion for years and its over before its begun! just don't understand it ;)

If Pat became World Champion in a sport that the US have done nothing in at this level for years, then handled correctly in the media/publicity/marketing etc, the return could be HUGE!

So its extremely sad to see that he's not doing the series! The first time the US get a chance of a world champion for years and its over before its begun! just don't understand it ;)

If it were Motocross, Freestyle, Roadracing, or some other speed motorcycle racing there would be tons of money and publicity. Trials is a small niche sport in Europe (where it started), it is even smaller in the US.