Sherco 290

scotty97

Picked up a 2007 Sherco 290 last night, very impressed with it. I've only had a txt270 up until now, i got on the bike and realised how much power these 290s have. and what surprised me is how much of a kick they need to fire them up?? The bike is in good condition, just got a slight bit of play in the back wheel bearing, anyone got any tips on changing these???? and basically any tips on servicing it or where i can download a manual from??????????

Another question. is there anyway of double checking what year the bike is. Its supposed to be a 2007 model but the v5 states in was registered nov 2006. I did a bit of looking and it definately has the 2007 modified swing-arm, different to the 2006 ones i've seen. I know that the new models come out around october usually, just wanted to be sure thats all.

prob is an 07 but bikes come out as early as october previous year so prob registered then. Ring the importer with you details and he will tell you instant. As for the bearings pretty straight forward, tap out either side i use a bar to start one side of from the inside then tap that out, then turn wheel over and its now easy to tap other out. Replace new bearings by tapping evently all way round as bearing goes in. You might find a socket set a good tool as when placed over bearing presuming you match the socket size to the bearing its even easier. Jobs a good un.

The '07 model Sherco is the first year of the black frame bikes with handlebars without a cross member. To start them you can brace your leg and drop your body weight to kick them over.

2005 the black frame bikes came out (06 mod year) the 8th number of the frame numbe tells you the bikes age. If the number is a 6 then its an 07 bike this is how you tell

Retard the ignition this makes them lovely and soft and easy to kick over.

Edited by godzilla

Cheers for your replies. Tried the link for the manuals, theres only a manual for the 2009 model?????

As im new to shercos and quite new to trials. How do you go about retarding the ignition??

I'v noticed that when kickstarting it, if you dont give it a big kick and get her to fire up, she can kick back at you quite violently. is this usual?? she starts first or second kick but every time she doesnt start she seems to kick back...