Electric 2010 Txt 250 Pro

kevo

I was just looking at youtube videos of gassers and found a german/austrian? company (BLM Motorraden) that have taken a 2010 TXT 250 Pro and put an electric engine in it, I think this is guaranteed to make you smile.

wonder how many minutes you would get out of the power pack??

cheers,

kevo

Dont know if I would like to not hear the sound of an engine underneith me in all its glory

You could always stick some ice lolly sticks in the brake blocks... old skool style :thumbup:

That's one giant leap forward for leccy bikes...not the technical package but the 'want one' factor :thumbup:

Ham,

I totally agree, dare I say it, it's a bit sexy....

but how much run time will you get? and whats the true performance like? When I started this post off I should have asked for peoples opinions, much like a voting thread... yes or no, good or bad? If the guy in the video has just run around the car park for 10 mins or so before the battery dies on him then the company still has a long way to go, but its a good start. Are folks comfortable with trials going electric in say 20 years? i dunno... mostly people dont like change from the norm..

I dont speak german enough to know what the rider says but i think he says "very good"

i'll tek the mrs out now for a bevvy cos im rabbiting on a bit.

keep your feet up,

kevo

Not keen on the exhaust note.

I never get the green electric motor thing. The power comes from a power station that polution is created, then the power lossed in transporting it via cables to your house.

Batteries in them self are a hazard and dont usually last that long if not properly looked after. How would it do the Scott on time and observation ? 4-5 days :rotfl: