Changes To Wtc Rules

Andy

What was the final outcome of riders walking sections on the day were they aloud in the section or was it just from behind the tape, the same with minders were there no minders/catchers in the section at any time?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the final outcome of riders walking sections on the day were they aloud in the section or was it just from behind the tape, the same with minders were there no minders/catchers in the section at any time?

Only behind the section tape, ditto minders except when catching or running from one position to another. I saw luis gallach sprinting maybe 20 metres and climbing 4 m up only to have cabby exit the section just before he got there, good job he made it.

Section 9 cliff face next to the one on video elsewhere.

Nigel, from your first hand experience do you think these new rules can be made to work?

I really do but why are they bringing them in?

The riders are now riding "out of order so from a spectators viewpoint or occasional viewer if they see one of the top 3 ride first then wiggy fiving it will be of no intrest and certainly it would be deemed possible when Bou nearly makes it. Why is it only 1 min it reduces the time in the section by 30% there fore less to actually watch. If all the sections had been 90 seconds last week then Browny would have got through a few I'm sure. If its 1 minute modify it so it allows non stop riding with more space to loop round and keep on the move.

I am sure if the FIM with best intentions had said we need this or that and discussed it with the riders they might have got closer.

Very few if any concessions were made to several new rules.

Thanks Nigel. I'm no supporter of the new rules and have only seen the video where it appears that even some of the observers find it too boring to watch! I don't know what the FIM are trying to achieve. Did they consult the riders and manufacturers? Is the aim of the new rules to make it easier to televise these events, or what?