Weatherproofing Sherco For Ssdt?

vasey15

Does anybody have any good tips for setting up a sherco 320 for the SSDT? Every other manufacturer have posted something on how to weatherproof or set up their machines exept sherco, or have I may be just missed it.

I do not know of any posted info either, yet much of the other info you may have picked up may well apply.

The other Sherco specific info that am aware of consists mostly of "duct tape"! There may be variences on the 3.2, yet basics apply.

1- Cover rear mudguard junction to frame/ airbox.

2- Fab a "drip flap" just before this junction. Full 2inch flap.

3- Tape and seal the left side mudguard to airbox strip along the side.

4-Cover holes in top of mudguard.

5- Cover holes in skidplate and any open area you can under rad. A "drip flap" under rad may be considered to keep stuff from splashing up.

6- Optional, as I ues a coarse nylon window screen material glued to the top of the air filter retainer with 3M weatherstrip glue to keep large crap out and help as a water diflector. Skuff it up first so it sticks and let it hang off the top just a bit.

7- My thoughts include having a good way of keeping the rad clean. No idea what wash provisions they have there. A way of replenishing the rad(tube or funnel) if needed on the day.

Post something up on the Sherco forum to see if others have further suggestions.

Cheers and best to you,

MC

Hi

I'd do what the others are saying , and.....

seal up between the silencer and airbox with loads of silicone , also where the rear mudguard fits along the side of the airbox , seal that to prevent rear wheel spray getting in .

Fabricate some sort of flap under the rear mudguard just aft of the mudguard screws to prevent water getting near your airbox intake it can run down from there easily.

Also if you get odd running /cutting out issues , where the bike wont take throttle at the bottom end ( you think its a blocked pilot) then check down in the spark plug tunnel for water , this has happened several times to me . Make sure you have a good seal around the plug cap- rocker box.

All the best

greg