Oset Power Problem ........

daggs888

Hi All,

I've a problem with my lads bike. the twist grip shows full charge / power but when you twist to go ... nowt !

Ive checked over the connectors and they look ok ...... anyone any idea what to start looking at first ?

Cheers folks ;)

I'd recheck all your bigger electrical connectors. If you've got a weak connection it may carry enough current to measure the battery output but then go open circuit when a real load it put on the bike. All the crimps are highly suspect, on my bike at least. They look good until you pull on them. Sort of a PITA to find, but cheap to fix!

Sam

Edited by samandkimberly

check the battery connections all the way back to the power electronics. particularly the fuse holder at the battery. they can look Ok and not really be very good. the blades may look good but the wire crimp may be loose.

if any of these are just poor you may still get voltage and all the little lights work, but will not provide enough current to power the motor.

In my experience it's typically an all or nothing failure. if there is enough contact for some power it would likely weld it's self a "fair" connection.

a really bad contact wont flow enough amps to do anything besides make the power electronics "whine".

if your oset runs, just sorta slow, I'd suspect batteries that are either worn out of useful life (or just not charged).

the Leds on the twist grip don't seem very useful. they can show all three and still the batteries suck.

Edited by dsergison

• 2 weeks later...

hi, check the inline fuse or even replace even if it not blown. we had problems with ours cutting out all the time and it was the fuseholder heating up and some-how not making a conection, so i changed the fuse and bingo it went with no problems after that. Why it does this i dont know maybe cheap fuses at the factory ....when you look at the fuse its fine but doesnt work when its heating up i know of two osets that have dun this even a newer smaller fuse works a treat

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone else has this problem .. it was the thing you turn to adjust the power (one on the back under the seat). Disconnect that and problem solved, the bike will only run on full power though.

Cheers ^_^

• 9 months later...

Hi all

Am having a similar problem with my lads OSET 36V , not getting total power loss but if you snatch throttle it cuts out instantly and will not reset until key is turned off and on again, If you wind throttle open gently will go to about 1/3 throttle before cutting out . Have checked all electrical connections and appear ok . Cant imagine it fuse as happens instantly from turning bike on from cold and like i said getting power until hit 1/3 throttle will try it tho, my guess would be throttle itself or motor controller but am hopeless with electrics so only a guess, Don't really want to disconnect power controller as he not confident enough for full throttle all the time

Any ideas anyone ??