Dellorto Carb Problem! Its Driving Me Mad!

rij

hi, Driving me mad is a dellorto phbh26 it s over flowing.

adjusted float height. its had a new float valve. turn it upside down blow down the fuel intake and its sealed,

put the bowl back on and it leaks fuel again.

scorpa easy 1996 250 rotax

any ideas?? rij

Have you seen this? ApexMotorsports It's a Montesa parts list but the page linked to is for the PHBH carb. May enable you make sure that everything is as it should be. Float height on these is usually 18.5mm. Have you got the overflow pipe on the right outlet? Are the floats free to move when you put the bowl back on? Impossible to see I guess but is there anything that could be stopping them moving?

Hi,

floats are ok not punctured, can't really tell if there moving when its all together but all seams free when the float bowl is off.

the diagram look the same all present and correct!

rij

Ok can hear floats moving.

Carb assembled turned upside down blow down the fuel intake and it shuts off still.

floats are floating. turn correct way up and it leaks!! just taken apart completely no dirt everything blows through clean??

Ok can hear floats moving.

Carb assembled turned upside down blow down the fuel intake and it shuts off still.

floats are floating. turn correct way up and it leaks!! just taken apart completely no dirt everything blows through clean??

So you have tried it on the bike with the float bowl off?

yeah, float bowl off gently push float tabs up and it tuns off.

I've tried floats the other way but it would have to be forced on and that would keep the float valve shut tight.

i have got the floats i with the pin at the bottom. rij

yeah, float bowl off gently push float tabs up and it tuns off.

I've tried floats the other way but it would have to be forced on and that would keep the float valve shut tight.

i have got the floats i with the pin at the bottom. rij

Right so it is established to be working fine.turn upside down and check 18.5 and its done if it floods then something is happening when the bowl is on. brass thingy ok >?

yeah all look straight and original,

ive showed this to a couple of guys i work with, who are motorcycle mechanics and its got them baffled as well!!

i feel like grinding into a thousand pieces!!!

rij

• Haha 1