Dellorto Carb Problem! Its Driving Me Mad!

rij

yeah all look straight and original,

ive showed this to a couple of guys i work with, who are motorcycle mechanics and its got them baffled as well!!

i feel like grinding into a thousand pieces!!!

rij

Dont give up now as the satisfaction when its sorted will be immense.

rij

Have you checked that the air vent tube ( item 19 on the exploded diagram on the Apex Motorsport web site) has a split in it ?

When I brought my first trials bike ( Montesa 315) and carried out some maintenance I noticed that this tube had a split in it...Foolishly I decided to " repair it "...However when I turned the fuel tap on petrol P*****d out everywhere !!!.

Removed the "repair" and all was fine....Just a thought !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...

rij

Have you checked that the air vent tube ( item 19 on the exploded diagram on the Apex Motorsport web site) has a split in it ?

When I brought my first trials bike ( Montesa 315) and carried out some maintenance I noticed that this tube had a split in it...Foolishly I decided to " repair it "...However when I turned the fuel tap on petrol P*****d out everywhere !!!.

You just solved a major headache for me, thank you so much! I did the same 'repair' and have been pulling my hair out the last 6 hours! Tube looked like it had melted - apparently it was designed that way.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 5/4/2010 at 1:05 PM, taylo63 said:

rij

Thanks so much. This same thing was driving me mental until I found this post. Thank you thank you thank you.

IMG_20190506_121213273_HDR.jpg

• Like 1