A & B Ipstones

nigel dabster

On a very easy course it was a case of who could hold their nerve for the top spots and 3 laps of 10 sections caused some grumbles.

A Class

Sadler 6 25 cleans

Stay 6 24 cleans

Short 7

Dexter 17

Gosden21

Howell 28

B Class

Walker 0 (no marks lost)

Cox 1

Waite

Bolt 7

Price 7

Bullock 7

Three laps of 10 sections is NOT a championship trial. Feel sorry for those who travelled from afar (Ireland, IOM, IOW etc) for what was nothing more than a club trial. Its a pity they can't make more of the venue, cos looking round there is some cracking stuff to go at. Nice walk round for a sun tan though:)

What a great venue, fantastic weather. Really enjoyed the trial, but I guess have to agree it was a bit on the easy side and if observers are a problem why not make it four laps.

On a side note, do they make speed cameras somewhere nearby ? never seen so many in so few miles !

Anyone have the full results, can't find them...

Cheers

One more thing that slightly annoys me.....those bl**dy stopwatches, observers seem to spend as much time resetting them as they do timing people. Surely there are cheap stopwatches that you click a button to start , one to stop and another to reset?

Sorry it's a very trivial thing I know, but adds to the queing time.

Yes sorry I have to agree with all said before. Not a Championship trial and defintely not worth the time, money and effort getting there, and that was the rider not the parent saying that. Trials at this level should have sections to attack and not be the minute you make one mistake the day is over!

Yes sorry I have to agree with all said before. Not a Championship trial and defintely not worth the time, money and effort getting there, and that was the rider not the parent saying that. Trials at this level should have sections to attack and not be the minute you make one mistake the day is over!

Must agree but i think the biggest question must be about the type of section they use at this venue, they not only show a complete lack of imagination or intrest in giving the top lads a real challange, but in places i would consider them to be likely to damage both bikes and riders alike for no good reason. It,s about time the ACU made a ruling that any club applying to run a championship event must name in thier application a person within thier club who has competed or been connected with that championship in the last two years.

The trial at Cheadle was disappointing. I think some clubs are out of touch with what riders at the top of A & B class are capable of. These riders are looking for a challenging competition, rather than has been said something on a par with a club trial. Perhaps the organisers should attend a round before hand - or have a clerk of the course who oversees all rounds, to provide some consistency.

Out of schoolboys now but even years ago this trial was poor and getting the same critiscm. The man behind it obviously does not listen and it is a shame this club still gets a round when other clubs are more competant and more enthusiastic do not. Last years effort was better at Bracken Rocks but set out by a different crew who new what they were doing but there efforts were slightly undone when many of the good bits were taken out before the start!! It also had the backing of Mansfield Maun so much better organised.

Having been a clerk of the course myself I do not criticise other peoples work lightly. However, we did eight full seasons of school boy Nationals.Some were better than others, but on the whole very good trials. This is the only one that I dont believe deserves the National status when it is run at Ipstone. I can only sympathise with the families who spent time effort and in some cases a lot of diesel to get to an easy club trial which all experienced parents and riders know can turn into a lottery. I used to get the impression the COC had all our money in advance then spent as little time and effort as possible even cutting the time limit so he could disappear early.

I really dont know why this club still gets nationals,I'm all for giving people a chance but apart from last year when different people were involved this club has a long record of poor schoolboy nationals. For the status and reputation of the British Championship something needs to be done. I would hate to think clubs considering running a national wold think this is an acceptable standard.

Not all rounds have to be hard the trial was there to be won, only one person went clean,maybe the ones that moan aernt as good as they think they are!otherwise surely theyd of gone clean aswell

They need to be challenging that is why they are meant to be British Championship so they test the best youth riders in the country, and not a club level standard