Heres One For You 4rt Experts!

johnfromscarborough

Right did oil change on bike all went well went to start bike and nothing checked every thing. good spark fuel pump works bypassed tilt switch still nothing, have another 4rt swapped all bits over and nothing my bits work on other bike fine. :thumbup:

my bike is a 2005 model well serviced well looked after other bike is a 2006 mode got us both stumped.

Both handy with spanners.

Got us well stumped :thumbup:

Changed condenser

changed rectifier

Right did oil change on bike all went well went to start bike and nothing checked every thing. good spark fuel pump works bypassed tilt switch still nothing, have another 4rt swapped all bits over and nothing my bits work on other bike fine. :thumbup:

my bike is a 2005 model well serviced well looked after other bike is a 2006 mode got us both stumped.

Both handy with spanners.

Got us well stumped :thumbup:

Changed condenser

changed rectifier

My memory is fuzzy on this it's been a while since I did the oil change on mine but do you have to remove the side cover and disrupt the wiring in the region?? I think the pickup for the ignition is in there so it might be worth a look.

You might also try hooking 12v supply to the electrical system and disconnect the rectifier, then try to run the bike on external power. to isolate any potential problems with the charging/elect system and you could also check the current draw with the bike "at rest" to ensure there are no shorts to ground.

this is a primative way to iliminate what the problem is take the spark plug out and put a little bit of petrol down the plug hole put the plug back in and kick it over to see if it starts if it does you know its a fuel problem if it doesnt then you know its possably electrical it is primative but it works good luck

I always take the view if you have only done one thing to a bike and it won't start, what was the last thing you did/changed? Thta will be the root cause!

Obviously changing the oil and filter will not be directly involved with a no-start.

However, disconnecting the electrical supply plug and not reconnecting it properly will have an effect, as will a throttle cable pulled out of its moorings, this will decline a start as the bike will be in unsafe mode! Did you have the bike keeled over and inadvertantly pull out the cable?

Was there anything else you did to the bike other than change the oil and filter?

Big John

Checked fuel tank on other bike works fine,

no bung allready out,

johny, would there still be a good spark though checked all wiring,

only thing didnt check was fuel injector going to try that now see how that goes

I guess maybe swap ecu/throttle body from/to other bike?? You're right about the spark, that should eliminate pickup and or power issues. Unless not enough juice to run fuel pump and injector. Spark doesn't take much energy, but the pump/injector might.

I'm with Big John on this one, maybe the throttle cable!!!

thanks so far for the advice,

Throttle body has been swapped works fine on other bike,

injector pump is pumping fine.

throttle cable is slack enough.

just checked all valve clearences all fine.

going back to a spark issue just pulled cap of and tried the lead against the head the spark is a bit erratic, as in not there every kick and quite poor on some kicks... :thumbup:

could houseape1000 be correct cheked this first had a spark then moved on. :thumbup:

Should you be able to get a spark by using your hand to kick it?