Heres One For You 4rt Experts!

johnfromscarborough

the 2 outer cables,

put the amount it says in the book with filter change,

Just done another ohms reading on every thing and think i could have narrowed it down to the ETC switch?

Any one had a problem with this? does any one know if this would put the bike in a safe mode so it wouldnt start or run?

does any one know how to test them on or off the bike?

Going round the bend. :thumbup:

Has the bike got a good earth? have you tried it with a new plug and kill switch dissconected. Did you dissconect the side caseing when you changed the oil.

Yes bike has good earth cleaned them up,

new plug new cap had cap of and ht lead against engine good strong spark,

Kill switch conected and disconected.

Did not unplug side caseing tie wrap it up to engine as done before.

Had fuel injector off and squirting fine.

any one have a blink tester in yorkshire area?

going to try the other case this week the other bike is my bros and hes been doing a trial all weekend and got 2 through the week so he wont let me take to much of,

was running fine before hand but taken all caseing of since the problem and checked the wires all good, the stator looks good but dont know if the windings are still good.

Have you tried bump starting it? (yes, they will).

Gives you the opportunity to try different throttle openings whilst spinning the motor at 500-1000rpm without it kicking back.

Hi I hope this helps from page 4-11 Engine Service section of manual, it gives you the clearance between the throttle body.

-Throttle body-to-bank angle sensor: more than 5mm

-Throttle body-to-silencer: more than 5mm

I know from experience that these settings are important and do make a difference to the running or starting

Edited by Big Red Tractor

• 4 weeks later...

Yes sorry problem sorted been out playing for the last week and half on it, :D

Narrowed the fault down to the piston rings, even though it had decent compression it didnt have enough to crank up. :o

Found it was the piston rings after swapped every thing electrical over with the other bike.

The pipe that goes between the fuel pressure regulator and the engine intake had a slight split in it and sucked some fine dust in once mixed with the fuel made a fine paste, once bike was stripped down the 2 top rings were stuck into the piston, once new rings fitted and cleaned up, re built fired straight up,

Problem sorted,

Hard to believe and i wouldnt have belived it if i didnt see it. :wacko:

Thanks to evey one that joined in. ^_^

at a gues id say he means the vac pipe for the reugulator? but if im being honest, i think it would be imposible for the damage caused .

in agriculture most 4ts have little or no filtration and never fail!! and we are talking belt and braces honda here!!