Bing Carb Problem

davieboy

I have been doing some jobs on a friends 199a and have taken the Bing carb off to clean it out.Blew it out with an airline and put it back on the bike.Now the bike runs very poorly as if it is getting too much fuel and flooding,though there is no petrol coming out anywhere.The bike runs as if the choke is on and when you put the choke on it is worse.I have messed about with the float height but seems to make no difference.I know the bike runs fine otherwise as I have put the Amal carb from my own 190 onto it and it runs fine with it on.I have had the Bing on and off numerous times,checked the choke is not stuck on,blown jets out etc but to no avail.

The bike was running ok before I cleaned out the carb so it is something I have done,I cannot see anything missing,it is pretty basic anyway.

Anyone any ideas?

Hi Davie

Needle valve not seating / damaged ?

Ross

Hi Ross,I think this must be the problem.Tried blowing through with a bit of tube then shutting off with the floats.Seems to take a bit of pressure before the valve shuts off.

The floats must not be shutting the fuel off.I don't have another needle valve to try,I have amals on my other bikes.

You coming tomorrow?