Big Miles On A 315?

xrlmal

Hi all,

I've got an opportunity to ride a big off-road loop which is about 75K long. Would my 2000 315r be ok at these miles or should I take my Africa Twin. I've only ever ridden the Montesa for short blasts and hardly ever in top gear so I don't really know if they like this short of riding. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Hi all,

I've got an opportunity to ride a big off-road loop which is about 75K long. Would my 2000 315r be ok at these miles or should I take my Africa Twin. I've only ever ridden the Montesa for short blasts and hardly ever in top gear so I don't really know if they like this short of riding. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Plan on standing up for 75k?

Plan on standing up for 75k?

I'm acting as a sweeper rider for a mountain bike challenge, basically just following at the end to make sure no one gets left behind injured, so I will be able to stop now and then to let them get a head start.

I'd have thought the trials bike would be fine but you will probably need to carry some fuel with you.

Is there any reason why you can't use the bigger bike? It does seem to be a more comfortable alternative.

I just fancied a change really and any practice I can get on the trials bike is worth it, even if it's just balance training (I'm a beginner) And at 200+ Kg's the twin is a big lump to pick up if you drop it.

the 315 will handle the miles no probs just make sure u check the fuel after the 1st lap and 2nd to see when u will have to refuel change your oil before u do it too. u could tape a make shift seat to the back mud guard but dont cover the air intakes. i live in fort william and at the mountain bike world cup every year they use a trials bike to go round in front of the riders doing the cross country race so i think its the norm for them kind of races to use a trials bike to fallow or lead the bikes hope this helps

Thanks very much for the advice, very much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

45 miles, no problem. Plus you can get the trials bike anywhere which will probably annoy the cyclists (bonus)!

• 3 weeks later...