Trials In Wv

bestrcpilot

AHRMA has one scheduled for your state this year. I'm going to try to make it. Probably would be a good time to talk to local riders, maybe even hand out a flyer. Actually you have a good start with this post.

Alan

I did see that AHRMA "had or has " a trial set for July 23th. But the people at the Mountain Fest web site seem to have pulled it. So I am not sure if it's going to happen ? It is hard to tell with AHRMA this year

Scott

Scott,

Darn, we'll have to check further on that. A couple of us that ride CVOTC were planning on going up to ride the WV event. I was sure hopping that AHRMA would get it's ..... together. I had planned to ride in FL in the first event this year but 1 week prior to the event they didn't even have a Trials Master. I wasn't about to drive all the way to FL (take time off work) and find out it was canceled.

We probably wouldn't want to come up once a month but a couple of times each season for something special could be worked out. If we had enough warning we might be able to get 5 or 10 guys to come.

Alan

Alan please do check on this. I would like to know myself if it's going to happen.

Anyone from AHRMA know?

I know it's my own backyard so to say but If it's happening I would love to ride it.

Here is the link to the MountainFest

http://www.wvmountainfest.com/p_schedule.php

It did have the trial on the schedule about 5 weeks ago but is no longer listed. But still list the

Extreme Trials Showcase featuring Tommi Ahvala Seem strange that the trial showcase is listed but not the trial.

The AHRMA web site still lists it.

So I'm up in the air about the whole thing.

Scott

Sent: Wed 6/02/10 10:48 PM

To: Alan (ab400@hotmail.com)

Hi Alan -- if your inquiry is about Mountainfest, as far as we know it is still on. It is not located at the actual Mtnfest location so that could be why it is not listed in their schedule. Check the trials preview on the Ahrma website under the 'calendar and results' link and it will give you location, times,etc. Take care! Evelyn and Ed

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I went to college in WV through 2004 and I was the only trials rider for miles. I put on a few MAVT events, but no one else would travel that far, so I stopped doing them in 2007 after 2 years with only 17 riders. The club I joined was in Waynesburg, PA, only about 30 min from Morgantown. The club was called Mason Dixon Riders Association, MDRA. In the past, they have been the motorcycle club that has been involved with Mountainfest. I do not have much contact with them anymore though. They do have about 200 acres to ride on, just over the WV border though. There used to be a few trials riders up near Pittsburgh, but I haven't seen them in years. Other than that, Ohio Valley BSA in Toronto, OH has a few vintage trials guys, and the Trials Inc series holds an event in Toronto also. As of 2009, there were one or two riders in WV looking for people to ride with. Dennis with Overland Trail Cycle Shop would be a good contact up in that area. Hope this helps.