Novogar Boots

trialsguysid

After trawling through all the threads about 'Which Boot' to go for I have finally decided to try out the Novogar in Nabuk/Red.

I am new to trials and have obviously no preference or anything to go by, meaning i would have to make a decision on recommendations and reviews alone. From what i could gather this is the conclusions I came up with in each brand.

Gaerne - Top quality brand, really well made. The model choice is either:

Oiled leather (

Edited by trialsguysid

I ordered them from trialendurodirect.com, I think they are GAS GAS UK or atleast thats what they say on the phone. I had originally ordered a Nitro Lampkin helmet from them online, but wanted to add the boots to the order so called them. Must say they are extremely helpful and have recieved very good service so far. Also on a plus note all orders over

+1 on the Novogars. Had mine just over a year and they are wearing very well. My previous pair were oiled Gaernes and although comfy out of the box they broke down very quickly. The Novogars are a bit stiffer and take a bit of breaking in but are much more resilient and now very comfy. I feel they are a tad higher and give more protection than the Gaerne.

you should work for Which? magazine

I was about to say the same thing. Excellent topic and exactly what these forums are for :rotfl: . Should prove very helpful to users looking for new boots (if they've got the savvy to use search and not just post "Which boots are best" :)

Have to say i started ssdt with a brand new pair of novogars and yes good at resisting water but by the end of the week they looked like i had used them for a couple of years at least!! :rotfl: . Most of the colour has come off and looking well used. They are however comfy and feel well made. You get what you pay for and all trials boots are mega over priced along with the clothing. Previous to these i have mainly used alpinestars which i have to say have stood up far better but due to there mental price hike i opted for the novogars.

thats a brilliant boot review well put together i went through the same thing myself

and also opted for the Novagar's find them very comfy with good support

unfortunately a combination of leaning in to close and the short chain guard

on my Gas Gas lead to me wearing a small hole in the left boot

bought myself a longer chain guard from Trialscast that stopped the problem

still have an inch long gash in my boot where the chain has rubbed it

any ideas if this can be repaired?? tried patching it using leather bond,super glue etc but nothing sticks for long

anyone have any solutions

Edited by High_Fiver

I had two pairs of the Novogar boots. Mine were the dark boots that looked like carbon fiber. Like the others said they took awhile to breakin, and were ok comfortable, but i had a problem with both pairs of boots that caused me to try a different brand. The lowest buckle strap tore off both pairs of boots within 4 months of use. First time was due to a minor tipover and the second was due to only using them. I now have a pair of oiled Garnes. I like them.

Edited by Liviob

Thanks for the replies, was a bit worried being a new member that it may have got a slating. As for 'Which' that's a nice thought not sure I would be much good as it would only be about products I'm currently interested in :rotfl: Hopefully though as someone pointed out it will help summarise the reviews from peoples own experiences.

Well the boots have arrived, that's Monday as trial and enduro said, (definately be using them again) they look great in my opinion. Had a quick try on checking the fit on my right foot as it is slightly bigger oddly, sizing is good and the same as all my other shoes/boots. They feel really good, comfy and secure but protective, definately seem well made and of high quality. They offer ankle movement up and down quite freely, this may improve even more with time, but feel solid/secure in sideways direction as if well protected against a twisted ankle. So far so good, in my opinion I think I have a really good boot does seem though that perhaps all these boots are a bit overpriced but I guess it's not the biggest market. For a mid priced boot I am very happy, does make me want to see the differnce in quality over the gaernes now just to compare :)

Anyway I will try them out tonight and see if they make me into a trials god...... yeah right. I will post my report and will watch out for the lower buckles.

Pete.

Had mine for about a year, very pleased with them.

Hard wearing but I have just seen a hole appear in the left boot caused by the chain rubbing it,

Have now extended the chainguard with part of an old oil bottle as an experiment and it works perfectly, Yes I wished I'd done this sooner!

• 5 years later...

New reply to an old thread.   I picked up a pair of Novogar Rage trials boots a few months ago.  I got them, new in the box, from a guy who bought them and they were too small for him.  They do seem to be a bit small to the listed size. 

Because I have very high arches, I bought some of the longer "straps" for the lowest buckle.  The boots do feel stiff and like they will need a long break in period so I have been alternating between them and my very experienced (old, old) Gaerne's. 

With about 30 hours of Novice/Intermediate riding on the Novogars, I had the same thing happen yesterday.  The lowest buckle tore off the boot right along the stitching at the bottom of the buckle.  

I am looking for help from anyone who has had this problem.  Did you repair them?  How did you do that? 

Thanks

I had two pairs of the Novogar boots. Mine were the dark boots that looked like carbon fiber. Like the others said they took awhile to breakin, and were ok comfortable, but i had a problem with both pairs of boots that caused me to try a different brand. The lowest buckle strap tore off both pairs of boots within 4 months of use. First time was due to a minor tipover and the second was due to only using them. I now have a pair of oiled Garnes. I like them.