2010 Crash N Burn.

roosterbrew

Hello everyone, thought i should tell you all about my little accident on my 2010 sherco!........last sunday was out playing for a good couple of hours all on my own, when i decided to try a mean vert climb before i went home! this climb is prob about 20 ft from top to bottom with tree roots, i have problems trying to climb it myself!. Anyway long story short.......got all way up to top and i felt a flip coming on, so i jumped clear (although i got clear out of way i was rolling down the hill and didnt stop) only to hear the bike crunching down the hill after me and when she stopped falling the engine was screaming flat out upside down! i tried to get up but was having trouble getting to her quickly enough...........and then she died on me before i got to her! the result was a seazed ring into piston. GUTTED!. Anyone else trashed there 2010 yet?

Hello everyone, thought i should tell you all about my little accident on my 2010 sherco!........last sunday was out playing for a good couple of hours all on my own, when i decided to try a mean vert climb before i went home! this climb is prob about 20 ft from top to bottom with tree roots, i have problems trying to climb it myself!. Anyway long story short.......got all way up to top and i felt a flip coming on, so i jumped clear (although i got clear out of way i was rolling down the hill and didnt stop) only to hear the bike crunching down the hill after me and when she stopped falling the engine was screaming flat out upside down! i tried to get up but was having trouble getting to her quickly enough...........and then she died on me before i got to her! the result was a seazed ring into piston. GUTTED!. Anyone else trashed there 2010 yet?

Keep that up and they will find you week or two later with a broken hip or open tip fibula, bled to death and gutted, by the buzzards!

Screw the bike! :rotfl:

I like to go riding with a friend.............no to save me but to save the bike.

I always tell my wife and friends "don't worry about me catch the bike...I have insurance the bike don't" :):rotfl:

If I go out on my own I tend to just take it easy and do small things and ride about the woods with my Ipod in, wouldnt attempt things I know I may not do without others there to help me incase something bad happens

As a friend of mine said, "Every direction looks the same when your nose is 4" off the ground." After it took him 4 hours to crawl out of the woods his wife made him give up riding. At least leave somebody information on where you are going to be and expected time home. Carrying a cell phone with a GPS is good also.

People tend to fit bar end caps only after they've come a cropper..... :) .

Sometimes I ride solo but promise myself I'll only try do the technical stuff until someone else turns up....take some flags that'll keep it safe and technical.

Here endeth the sermon. :rotfl: