Front Brake Will Not Bleed

beta729

Hi

Really struggling to bleed up my front brake after i swapped the brake pipe, tried to bleed up using a automatic bleeder and each time it sucks one of the pistons back in and we can not stop it from doing this :rotfl:

Bleeding manually the brake would still not bleed up even with the pistons out in there correct position :)

Any help on how I can bleed the brake up would be much appreciated

Thanks a lot

Hi

Really struggling to bleed up my front brake after i swapped the brake pipe, tried to bleed up using a automatic bleeder and each time it sucks one of the pistons back in and we can not stop it from doing this :rotfl:

Bleeding manually the brake would still not bleed up even with the pistons out in there correct position :)

Any help on how I can bleed the brake up would be much appreciated

Thanks a lot

Make sure the M/C piston is coming all the way back to the stop (you may need to back off the adjustment screw on the lever) and tilt the M/C up to avoid a loop in the hose. If you press the lever in/out gently with the M/C raised up a little, you should notice small bubbles coming out the bleed hole. Keep doing this until they stop coming out and then you should have enough pressure to start pressure bleeding the caliper where air bubbles hide.

Jon

Edited by JSE

We took away the brake lever and used a screwdriver so you get loads more travel on the piston pushing the air out...then re assemble brake lever

That works well. Obviously keep fluid up in the M/C reservoir, but this should take the air out of the line and give you a little pressure. You can then use the bleed screw on the caliper to get air out of the "loop" at the top of the caliper housing. Some calipers have a "dead" area on the side opposite the bleed screw and in a pinch you can take the caliper off the fork, put a piece of plastic sheet or metal in between the pads to keep them from coming together and rotate the caliper to move the bubble over to the side with the bleed screw. Usually you don't have to do all this stuff but sometimes it is necessary in rare cases.

Jon