Mintex & St. Davids

as iow

I think it,s a great shame that the Mintex time trial and the stDavids BTC trials clash as several of the top youth riders would like to take part in both events. I also understand that the Y.M.S.A. have a round of their championship planned for the same day, which will affect entries at both events. There are several dates in June with nothing much on, just a shame for everyone that the Mintex could,nt move to the 27th then all the top youth riders would be there.

It's all down to other factors, the fact that the Mintex can be run at all is down to the goodwill of the Landowners. Early summer is the breeding time for the grouse, they're currently on hatching & in the early weeks of their lives. Grouse are wild birds & they can not be farm reared as say pheasant & partridge, so the moor is their only home. Ultimately the moor is used for the grouse shooting season, it's managed & provides a considerable income to the local economy with both permanent & seasonal jobs.

You now know why it's not any earlier, I'm buggered if I know why a date was given that clashed with BC round but that's the date given & it can't be altered. Dates given is also the factor why RMC didn't repeat the A/B round.

So, it's up to the lads, either they ride what is a once a year chance to do something very very different or ride in a British Championship round.

It's all down to other factors, the fact that the Mintex can be run at all is down to the goodwill of the Landowners. Early summer is the breeding time for the grouse, they're currently on hatching & in the early weeks of their lives. Grouse are wild birds & they can not be farm reared as say pheasant & partridge, so the moor is their only home. Ultimately the moor is used for the grouse shooting season, it's managed & provides a considerable income to the local economy with both permanent & seasonal jobs.

You now know why it's not any earlier, I'm buggered if I know why a date was given that clashed with BC round but that's the date given & it can't be altered. Dates given is also the factor why RMC didn't repeat the A/B round.

So, it's up to the lads, either they ride what is a once a year chance to do something very very different or ride in a British Championship round.

Perce, the nipper's looking forward to Sunday but we haven't had confirmation of entry yet and nowt on your web site. Are you going to publish a list of runners? :P. Programme & finals arrived today (Tuesday 15th) Ta:)

Edited by andat