1970 Video Mick Andrews And Ossa

greeves

Fantastic piece of trials history. Thank you for sharing.

Years ago, I was fortunate to find the Ossa prototype that Mick was riding in this film. My father and I restored it to its original glory. It is now in the hands of a Spanish collector.

Edited by Martin Belair

Fantastic piece of trials history. Thank you for sharing.

Years ago, I was fortunate to find the Ossa prototype that Mick was riding in this film. My father and I restored it to its original glory. It is now in the hands of a Spanish collector.

Yes Martin; I know about that. In 2006 the bike was on display at the Cabrianes 2 days classic trial in Barcelona. Mick Andrews could not belive the old bike was there again completely new when he took away the fabric that was hiding it. It was nice to see his face then.

There are some other jewls in this video; 1970 USA, guess some of this bikes are still hiding somewhere there. That 247 MK1......

Edited by Greeves

There are some other jewls in this video; 1970 USA, guess some of this bikes are still hiding somewhere there. That 247 MK1......
Nice to see a Tiger Cub still competing as a regular ride! Too bad those new fangled colour cameras has trouble in the dark! :rotfl:

Hi Guys.

Mick Andrews, Is one off the nicest guy's I have ever met, and I have met a few.

As you say he has not forgotten his roots and is still as passionate about trials today as he was when he was sixteen.

His information is endless on any aspect of trials riding. And his love of old traditional classic machines shows through.

That is why he is guiding us in the right direction,for our Trial/Show at Stoneleigh.

You can come along and meet the man himself at the show.

Regards Charlie.

Hi All

Brilliant find! I am about to spend a couple of days with Mick, to learn all about riding classic trials bikes, so this is good research.

Unlike my old man and uncle, my motorbike experiance up to now has been long distance touring, like my last trip around the coast of Iceland ( and no, I didnt set the b***dy volcano off!!).

Admittedly I have ridden BMX and Bicycle trials, but I cant wait to swing my leg over one of our Ariels and wind it up!

I might even enter the open trial at our event, if I have enough time!

Cheers

Lee

Hi Guy's

That boys got a hell of a lot to learn, and not on one of my Ariels. Are well if he winds anything up, it is usually me. And if he does it on a bike , he will only end up on the floor.

Well worth a visit to the Classic Trials Show just to watch that?

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's

Hi OTF

Na, wouldn't let the Boy near (OTF) B40 has she is known, I have the key for the padlock and chain around that bike. Looks like the only sacrificial bike that we can let him near is my first "Otter" C15. and that is going to give me sleepless nights.

I was asked to go and photograph the carnage when he visits Mick, but I don't think I could stand watching the bike get damaged.

He will probably be "Star" of the show, what ever bike he rides, we don't call him "The Prodigal" without a reason.

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

• 3 weeks later...